Sorry for my absence and one more house move

Moderator: Ryan

Sorry for my absence and one more house move

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Heeyyooo!

I haven't been around here much lately and I'm sorry guys, it's just been a hectic time!

When we moved to BC we moved into a little rental house so we could have some time to scope the area and check out the surrounding towns etc, see where we wanted to be. We also had concept plans for a house we wanted to build made out of 11 shipping containers. We progressed far with that plan and even had land picked out but we couldn't convince any financial institutions to mortgage the project.

So we found a nice house in a nice spot and we move in on April 15th. One more big move but at least this time it's just a few blocks away, around the other side of the mountain here in Summerland.

We also were commissioned to make 8 more of the big NINT/NRC prototype pedals with all the logos, that was a big gig for us and took a ton of time.

And we're still checking out this new country-side we live in, still getting used to life in BC etc. It's all led to me having a quite long lead time right now, about a month, and I haven't even been on ILF for over a month.. just having a hard time keeping up with it all. Been doing most of my goofing off on Instagram lately, it's fun and fast and I've never had a smart phone before and it's cool.

So if you need me faster than forum-speed, shoot me an email, ryan@drscientist.ca, and I won't leave you hanging! Hope you guys are having a nice spring!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Sorry for my absence and one more house move

Postby sylnau » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Hey Buddy... :hello:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Hey Syl! How's life treating you? Having a nice spring so far?
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:29 pm

Doing great! Lots of work (not much time for myself).
I know what it is to move... I really like my new place, I'll probably stay here for a long time!!!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Right on, keeping busy hey! Moving is such a drag.. it's a ton of work and we don't really want to do it again but we'll be in this next house for many years, a looong time I bet. My knees had finally just started feeling better from our last move in November!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:23 am

:hug:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:50 am

Ryan, there's no excuse for this. :|: I'm sorry to have to tell you, if you have one more absence, you and Tanya are fired as the creative team known as Dr. Scientist.

Just joking. :hug: Good luck with the move and sorry to hear you didn't get a mortgage for your dream home. That's kinda messed up.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Sparrow » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sonidero » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:32 pm

They just posted a new season of Trailer Park Boys on netflix...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Love you buddy! :hug:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:06 pm

goroth wrote::hug:

Hey Matt! How're those babies doing? You write any new music lately? I'd like to get an album like that Elements vs BitQuest demo song, please.

Chankgeez wrote:Just joking. :hug: Good luck with the move and sorry to hear you didn't get a mortgage for your dream home. That's kinda messed up.

Haha thanks Jason! We had planned the shipping container house for over a year and it was a cool setup to work and live in but it was a pretty ambitious project on a limited budget and financial institutions don't want residential homes built out of anything but wood even though steel is so much stronger and long-lasting... but we found a house that's bigger than the container house with really nice features for working in like a walk-out basement and big garage, plus it's got a bit of land and privacy, so we feel like it's actually better for us and we're lucky to have found it. A door closed but then an even cooler door opened! *smile*

Sparrow wrote:Image

#brotherfromanothermother

vidret wrote:shipping container idea sounded rad though, i thought about something similar myself later on down the line but I'd have no idea where to put 'em :lol:

It's a neat way of building a house, we really dig 'em.. they're still just a little too progressive for the regular world though, here in Canada anyway. We had a designer do up a concept plan that we used to take around to other contractors for quotes etc. It all really depends on your local building codes and then the financial side is a whole other thing.

sonidero wrote:They just posted a new season of Trailer Park Boys on netflix...

Been watching it this weekend, it's great! Frig I love those guys!

skullservant wrote:Love you buddy! :hug:

Rightbackatcha Evan! Remember that day at the big mall the other day? Man that was fun!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:28 am

Ryan wrote:Hey Matt! How're those babies doing? You write any new music lately? I'd like to get an album like that Elements vs BitQuest demo song, please.

Dude, the rugrats are super fun. Both have started walking, and right now one is sitting on top of a box of LPs, just enjoying the scenery and generally being happy with life, and the other is pulling books out of a shelf and throwing them on the floor. Haha.

But dude, the band... we've got so much new material, some of it heavier than that tune, and some a bit more like Devin Townsend when he gets in super super happy mode (but without the layering of like 1000 voices and instruments and stuff). We're really happy with it, but I think our band is like Spinal Tap or something. We've got a brand new bassist, but all of his amps are still in France, and our drummer (who founded the band) just left because he didn't have enough hours left in the day. So it's very frustrating. But the new bassist is learning super quickly, and we've gelled really well. I'm currently programming drums for all of our tunes, so in the worst case we can go out Godflesh style and play but with sampled drums. I've been using addictive drums, which I'm getting to sound more and more like a real kit, but I just downloaded Alesis SR-16 samples and have loaded them in to Ultrabeat, so we may take a step closer to Godflesh haha. We're jamming with a new drummer after Easter and we'll see where that goes, but I'm planning for all possibilities. So it looks like the spring will either be getting to know a new drummer or refining the drum programming, autumn we'll gig the new material and then late autumn or early spring 2016 we'll record. We want to get super tight and try and do it as close to "live in the studio" as possible". We'll see. But I'll make another demo or two before then anyway!

Vidret has a brutal setting for the notch filter on the dirty BQ that I'm hanging out to do something with. :evil:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby echoraven » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:51 am

You've been missed! Hopefully this change is for the better. BTW Drawftcraft posted an interview with you (I forget the site), it was pretty cool!
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby futuresailors » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Sweet as, Ryan!
And let me know your new address once you move in.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Forrrest » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Ryan wrote: Been doing most of my goofing off on Instagram lately

subscribed!

lead time right now, about a month

I'm glad the demand is keeping you in business.
Forrrest

committed
committed

Next

Return to Dr. Scientist