stacking elements

Moderator: Ryan

stacking elements

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:39 am

does anyone stack elements ?
is it as awesome as I can imagine?

experiences please, im GAS for a sibling for my nature element.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Re: stacking elements

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 pm

I think jwar has a dual Elements pedal. I'd also love to hear the effect of stacking them!
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:55 pm

There's a guy who posted on TGP recently who's running three Elements in a row. He said he had no plans on it, it's just that the Elements kept bumping his other drives until it was all Elements. By the by, they were all the same finish and looked killer side by side by side.

I've never stacked two (have one that I use constantly though), but am sure it would be amazing. If I wasn't so happy with my current drive lineup, I'd be buying another Elements to pair with my current one.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:10 pm

I've got two but they're set up a/b in a looper, so I can't stack em. But I'll be changing that. Going to move low gain elements last after reverb and delay.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby t-rey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that would DOUBLE YOUR TOANZ.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:00 am

I guess I will find out in a few weeks, just set up an order with Ryan for another Elements :!!!:
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Wicked!

Maybe we all should have just gone in together and bulk ordered more Elements from Ryan.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:50 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I think jwar has a dual Elements pedal. I'd also love to hear the effect of stacking them!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

OH! Sorry I mean I do! :)

I also have a second Bitquest on the way. And a Dual Mini from Brian at Smallsound Bigsound. I'm all about the dual sexy pedals.

I can make a new demo. My last couple weren't very good IMO.

Any requests as to what you'd like to see? I'm a bass player, keep that in mind.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby goroth » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 pm

(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
:thumb:

You can use the notch filter on the BQ and the expression if you don't have a wah :D
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:08 pm

jwar wrote:OH! Sorry I mean I do! :)

I also have a second Bitquest on the way. And a Dual Mini from Brian at Smallsound Bigsound. I'm all about the dual sexy pedals.

Any requests as to what you'd like to see? I'm a bass player, keep that in mind.

Gaw man, a dual BitQust setup! Isn't that like screwing with the God particle or something? Is a black hole going to finally consume us all?
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:09 am

Gigahearts_FX wrote:does anyone stack elements ?
is it as awesome as I can imagine?

experiences please, im GAS for a sibling for my nature element.

I think you're gonna enjoy the duo, Ian, and thank you again! I think you should set both to high gain mode, dime the gains, and then either dime or zero the mid knobs... that'll be the most fun I reckon.

Clean Channel wrote:There's a guy who posted on TGP recently who's running three Elements in a row. He said he had no plans on it, it's just that the Elements kept bumping his other drives until it was all Elements. By the by, they were all the same finish and looked killer side by side by side.

I've never stacked two (have one that I use constantly though), but am sure it would be amazing. If I wasn't so happy with my current drive lineup, I'd be buying another Elements to pair with my current one.

Geeez I love Rob, what a guy! Those 3 look pretty cool and I think he uses them to cover all the gain ranges, low to high. It's funny hey, sometimes I read posts from people saying they couldn't get the Elements to sound good with any gear they tried, and then a guy like Rob thinks it can't be beat... the highly subjective nature of sounds. I gotta say though... I think Rob's right. *big smile* *Ed McMahon voice* Hheeeyyoooo!

Gigahearts_FX wrote:I guess I will find out in a few weeks, just set up an order with Ryan for another Elements :!!!:

Thanks again, Ian! *super long Rimmer style high five*

Clean Channel wrote:Wicked!

Maybe we all should have just gone in together and bulk ordered more Elements from Ryan.

I like this idea.. let's do 4 Elements each, for earth wind water fire.. it'll be cool...

jwar wrote:OH! Sorry I mean I do! :)

So funny you have 2 BitQuests, that's perfect! I'd love to hear a dual BQ demo, I've never plugged in 2 at once!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Dr. Scientist