The BitQuest! September 2014

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The BitQuest! September 2014

Postby sylnau » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Chank, she said it's awesome.
Sound great, :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks, Syl. :thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby nightterrors » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Pitcher and Ringer are my fave.
Love the clean with the ring the most I think, or the dirty pitcher...
Dirty Pitcher sounds like a crazy sex move. Yeesh.
NEED TO FIND A JOB IN TORONTO SO I CAN BUY THIS.
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 am

Great clip, thanks Jason!

And thanks for the BitQuest support in general, guys, I've had lots of orders for them and the response seems really positive and people are having fun... pretty successful quest so far, I'd say.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 am

Ryan wrote:
...I've had lots of orders for them and the response seems really positive and people are having fun... pretty successful quest so far, I'd say.

Your hard work paying off! You nailed it with the BitQuest!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 am

Ryan wrote:Great clip, thanks Jason!

Thanks, Ryan, I think the pitch shift was my favourite mode.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ryan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:23 am

Thanks Tim! I'm really happy people are liking it.. I had a ton of fun learning the code and working on it and planning it with you guys... t'was a wonderful time.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

Sooo ..

NINT Molecular Clipping Overdrive Prototype > BitQuest! = Time Travel?
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ryan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Well, you'll FEEL younger at least!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SecretMachine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:42 pm

I have a question about the BitQuest, I was just wondering how does the Dirty/Clean aspect of the pedal work?
Say if I'm running an OD into the pedal, which is pretty clean but has abit of grit and saturation, I'd imagine I'd probably go for the clean setting?
I'd imagine experimenting with the two settings could produce some interesting sounds!
My band: https://autosleeperband.bandcamp.com/
Influenced by Swervedriver, Sonic Youth, MBV and The Cure.
SecretMachine

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:59 pm

I don't have the most experience with the BitQuest since I was only borrowing one for a short time, but I'd probably use the clean setting if I were you.

The dirty settings are really loud. A cleanish OD might get a little overwhelmed by the dirty side.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:48 pm

SecretMachine wrote:I have a question about the BitQuest, I was just wondering how does the Dirty/Clean aspect of the pedal work?
Say if I'm running an OD into the pedal, which is pretty clean but has abit of grit and saturation, I'd imagine I'd probably go for the clean setting?
I'd imagine experimenting with the two settings could produce some interesting sounds!

Sorry for not catching this question earlier! I missed some stuff when we moved, catching up though! *apologies*

You don't have to use the dirty side of the BitQuest at all, you can just use it with your own dirt pedals and the clean patches and leave it like that. The dirty side is an adventurous digital fuzz that can do overdrive as well, it's got an unobtrusive digital noise gate on it, and the master volume controls it so you can have it be nice and quiet if you want.

I think you should experiment a bit with the dirty side for sure, the digital fuzz is cool sounding! *smile*
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Casavettes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:03 am

Has anyone tried this bad boy at 18 volts?
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:26 am

I still need to :(
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Ryan wrote:
SecretMachine wrote:I have a question about the BitQuest, I was just wondering how does the Dirty/Clean aspect of the pedal work?

Sorry for not catching this question earlier! I missed some stuff when we moved, catching up though! *apologies*

You don't have to use the dirty side of the BitQuest at all, you can just use it with your own dirt pedals and the clean patches and leave it like that. The dirty side is an adventurous digital fuzz that can do overdrive as well, it's got an unobtrusive digital noise gate on it, and the master volume controls it so you can have it be nice and quiet if you want.

I think you should experiment a bit with the dirty side for sure, the digital fuzz is cool sounding! *smile*

I may be cooking up a demo with the dirty side...

Because distortion.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist