The BitQuest User Settings Thread

Moderator: Ryan

Re: The BitQuest User Settings Thread

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 am

I dig it Sparrow! Great show of some of what the BQ can do!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am

thanks a lot CC ! :)
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:35 pm

i've been using this Flanger setting - for some chill stuff.

Fender - Squier.

Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sparrow » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:43 am

i've been posting in the General Gear Thread about my new amp .. the Orange OR15. Love it!
takes all my fuzz really well.

and.

I've really been enjoying the BitQuest Dirt too!
set to Dirty Delay with controls 1 and 2 set off/ all the way left.
so it's a short, one repeat kinda thing. Neat-O.
Fender - Squier.

Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby skullservant » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 am

I gotta jot down the chorus/flange settings I've been using the BitQuest for in the few minutes that I've had to play recently. I usually hate chorus and flange, but the BitQuest has been a great way for me to experiment with it without having a standalone chorus or flanger that I would probably never use any other time. Been making a chorusy type sound and sending it into my El Cap. Great stuff
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 pm

I love, love, love the Flanger on this thing. Ryan you have to make a full on flanger dude. YOU HAVE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:00 am

Flangers aren't so bad hey guys! I don't think anyone should use one all the time but every other song should be fine. They sound cool!

Glad you guys are still digging the BQ, thank you again! And yeah, I think I'll finish the Cosmi run in 2015 and then do a Flanger run.. I think I like flanger more than chorus actually. That slow metallic tearing sound!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby watchyourscrew » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 pm

love the flanger it's used in at least 3 of my band's newer songs

the baritone in this song has the ring mod set to a tremolo speed (love that you can do this and keep the snappy attack quality of the ring mod) and a BAT Pharaoh using lo gain and LED clipping for the noisy bits

watchyourscrew

involved
involved

Postby Ryan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Wow Sam, that's awesome sounding! Cool song and cool video too, you guys are wild!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Hey Ryan, where do you get those little barrel power jacks? I need a new one because of rehousing mine. It's been loose since I messed with it. Shouldn't have in the first place. UGH. LOL.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Ryan wrote:Flangers aren't so bad hey guys! I don't think anyone should use one all the time but every other song should be fine. They sound cool!

Glad you guys are still digging the BQ, thank you again! And yeah, I think I'll finish the Cosmi run in 2015 and then do a Flanger run.. I think I like flanger more than chorus actually. That slow metallic tearing sound!

Does that mean no more cosmichorus?

And more about this flanger please?
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:11 pm

I've got about 100 more Cosmis to make, about a year of Cosmis probably, and then I wasn't planning on doing them again.. for a little while at least. The thing is, I can only make maybe 5 or 6 pedals as a one-man shop. And I want to do some new things, like the Heisenberg and the Spectrum Analyzer and a new delay.. so I'll pause some pedals while I make other pedals, maybe do a new Cosmi run in 2017 or something, I don't really know.

I don't really have a flanger plan yet but I'd probably do a mono one, same knobs as the Cosmi plus regen, maybe depth, maybe tap and waveforms.. I don't know.. maybe just a small flanger that goes really slow and only does the metallic tearing sound..
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:06 am

Ryan wrote:I've got about 100 more Cosmis to make, about a year of Cosmis probably, and then I wasn't planning on doing them again.. for a little while at least. The thing is, I can only make maybe 5 or 6 pedals as a one-man shop. And I want to do some new things, like the Heisenberg and the Spectrum Analyzer and a new delay.. so I'll pause some pedals while I make other pedals, maybe do a new Cosmi run in 2017 or something, I don't really know.

I don't really have a flanger plan yet but I'd probably do a mono one, same knobs as the Cosmi plus regen, maybe depth, maybe tap and waveforms.. I don't know.. maybe just a small flanger that goes really slow and only does the metallic tearing sound..

WOWOWOW!!
Metallic tearing sound - yes!

Ryan have you tried starving the Heisenberg? I've been digging lofi and misbiased sounds a lot lately, so that is one reason for the question, but also because I'm curious about anything to do with that alien technology pedal.

What about keeping a couple of pcbs for the cosmi and doing a limited release during an off year to keep the cosmi name out there? I feel a little like this :group: and the cosmi is in the middle getting lots of hugs. Wouldn't want the Comsi to go a whole year or more in the wilderness of obscurity... all by itself... alone... :cry:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby terminalvertigo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:22 pm

phaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaserphaser phaser phaser not flanger
terminalvertigo

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:52 am

jwar wrote:Hey Ryan, where do you get those little barrel power jacks? I need a new one because of rehousing mine. It's been loose since I messed with it. Shouldn't have in the first place. UGH. LOL.

Sorry buddy, missed this question last time I was through this thread! *apologies*

I get those badboys at two places, SmallBear and Bitches Love My Switches. Those are the only shops I know that stock them, if you learn another one let me know! And if your BQ needs help I'll fix it up for you anytime, no problemo.

goroth wrote:WOWOWOW!!
Metallic tearing sound - yes!

Ryan have you tried starving the Heisenberg? I've been digging lofi and misbiased sounds a lot lately, so that is one reason for the question, but also because I'm curious about anything to do with that alien technology pedal.

What about keeping a couple of pcbs for the cosmi and doing a limited release during an off year to keep the cosmi name out there? I feel a little like this :group: and the cosmi is in the middle getting lots of hugs. Wouldn't want the Comsi to go a whole year or more in the wilderness of obscurity... all by itself... alone... :cry:

Love that metallic tearing sound! Best part of flanging if you ask me.. the only thing I need a flanger to do even!

I never did try starving the Heisenberg, good question. The molecular junctions don't require anything special of a circuit.. all the gain stages are very garden variety datasheet kind of simple, single stage amplifiers. So the results of starving should be similar to when you starve any FET or NPN or op-amp circuit, you should get some broken weirdness... with smooth natural clipping. *smile*

Good idea again buddy, I do have about 90ish more Cosmichorus pcbs. My run of 500 boxes left me with about 100 blems so my plan was to do what you said, do a limited release on an off year, maybe this year or next year, have Acid Splash re-finish all my blems into something new and cool looking and limited. Poor Cosmi hey, it's nearly run its course... for now!

vidret wrote:writing this here so people see it:

got me a bitquest for my birfday and friggin antiCHRIST Ryan is an awesome guy! super nice, fast response as well as sending me a great fitting t-shirt and the whole shebang.

oh and yeah, the pedal too. holy shit man, your stuff just reeks of quality. the jacks, the switches, the layout, everything. I already kind of knew this since i've got an elements but still, puts all the other pedals to shame.

p.s. this is the first time i've ever liked flanger in a pedal i've owned.

What a nice email, vid, thank you! Really glad you're liking your BitQuest and flanging! *big smile* I think you're an equally high quality dude too, thank you again for celebrating your birthday with a pedal.

terminalvertigo wrote:phaser not flanger

Haha maybe one day.. I like the flanger on the BQ though, I wanna keep it around awhile longer!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist