· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: Frazzy Dazzler May 2012

Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Right, you're in an apartment hey pal? I was just teasing about the different video, I like hearing the pedal in your style!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Ryan wrote:Really awesome, Syl, thank you again for the fun video! Hearing it with all those pedals is really cool!

I'm curious what it sounds like if you use it like I use it.. howsabout this for a video....

High gain mode, mix dimed, gain dimed. You hit an open E power chord and it let it hang for awhile, then do some heavy palm mutes, back to the power chord hanging, click on a cool weird noise maker, more power chord hanging. Rystyle. Just curious how that sounds on your rig!

Coming right UP.... ;)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 pm

excane... this guy will do it!!
He have some aewsome video. :thumb:
:rock:

Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Let's both go NUTZZZ :!!!:

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Ryan wrote:Really awesome, Syl, thank you again for the fun video! Hearing it with all those pedals is really cool!

I'm curious what it sounds like if you use it like I use it.. howsabout this for a video....

High gain mode, mix dimed, gain dimed. You hit an open E power chord and it let it hang for awhile, then do some heavy palm mutes, back to the power chord hanging, click on a cool weird noise maker, more power chord hanging. Rystyle. Just curious how that sounds on your rig!

Here it is Ryan:

Not my best playing... but that's how this setting sound with my gear.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:38 pm

^^ Awesome :thumb:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

Here's a little stacking with the Elements and Frazz

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Woah :rock:
I knew you would do the heavy stuff better than me!
I really need to work on my playing (but I prefer to turn knob, lol).

Very good demo!! What are you using for recording the demo?

You rock. :animal:

Never saw that green finish with the sotf switch system... good looking. :thumb:

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:20 pm

That's my ESP Horizon into a clean Blackstar Artisan 100. My Showman is currently being checked out, otherwise I would have used that.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Cool, my setup is not for that kind of music... that's why it sound so different.
My demo was recorded with a Bogner Duende (Fender Tweed style) with a PRS CE-22.
Regular tuning (440).
Recorded with an iPhone 3.

The Frazz and Elements sound great in both setup... very versatile pedals.

excane wrote:Thanks :hug:

That's my ESP Horizon into a clean Blackstar Artisan 100. My Showman is currently being checked out, otherwise I would have used that.

I mean you recording equipments?

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Woopsie....

I mic the cab with an SM57 then into a Mackie mixer.
From the mixer it goes directly into the line-in on the Zoom Q3HD camera.

Sometimes I'll use 2 mic's (SM57 and Sennheiser)

It's amazing how different setups can sound. I was experimenting with my Mesa Nomad, and it's just a world of difference from my Blackstar or Showman.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:13 pm

sylnau wrote:Here it is Ryan:

Totally awesome, Syl! You indulged your metal side for me, I'm deeply moved! You kicked butt with it too buddy, way to go!

excane wrote:Here's a little stacking with the Elements and Frazz

Very crushing and ripping, Jeff, very nice! Your demos show the pedals most like how I hear them here, through a clean 4x12 with a low tuned guitar, that's the most recognizable sound of them to me.

I love hearing all the different sounds though, it's awesome to hear the pedal through Syl's and Jeff's rigs, they're super different and it's a totally different experience.. very cool.

Thanks a million for doing those videos, you guys rule!

Jeff's green Frazz is a one of a kind, made right at the end of the vinyl finishes.

Also Jeff, I sure wish I had the Q3HD instead of the normal Q3.. there's no line in on it and that's a really great feature, I wish I could use mine like that!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Ryan wrote:

Totally awesome, Syl! You indulged your metal side for me, I'm deeply moved! You kicked butt with it too buddy, way to go!

Thanks, I still have a bit of old school metal in my blood (Voivod, Prong,...)

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Ryan wrote:

excane wrote:Here's a little stacking with the Elements and Frazz

Very crushing and ripping, Jeff, very nice! Your demos show the pedals most like how I hear them here, through a clean 4x12 with a low tuned guitar, that's the most recognizable sound of them to me.

I love hearing all the different sounds though, it's awesome to hear the pedal through Syl's and Jeff's rigs, they're super different and it's a totally different experience.. very cool.

Thanks a million for doing those videos, you guys rule!

Jeff's green Frazz is a one of a kind, made right at the end of the vinyl finishes.

Also Jeff, I sure wish I had the Q3HD instead of the normal Q3.. there's no line in on it and that's a really great feature, I wish I could use mine like that!

Anytime Ryan! :thumb:

Yeah, that's the main reason I got the Q3HD. I can go right from the mixer to the camera. Only thing though (as you can see)...... it SUUUCKS in low light.

It really just looks the best if you're walking outside on a sunny day....hmmmmm....

*runs to set up recording gear on front lawn* :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi all! First post here!

I recently discovered Dr Scientist pedals on a friend's gear and now I'm in need of them!
After months on other pedals forum, this has lead me here.

Just wanted to say to Ryan that I absolutely love the RRR and the element, and I'll buy them as soon as my piggy bank will allow. I tried lots of reverbs and also built some myself but the RRR is far beyond them. :thumb:

I've just seen gutshots of your fuzz on this topic, and I can tell this is pure art. Not only your circuits sounds awesome, they look cool too! I'm used of seeing and building stuff with components in an anarchic puzzle. I know this is 4 layer pcbs but man! How do you that? I'm millions miles away from designing such beautiful things...
One last question, for your silent switching, do you use the same momentary switch/programmed chip as the ones made by Jack Deville?

Thanks a lot

Julien
Post a reply