Frazzy Dazzler May 2012

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Frazzy Dazzler May 2012

Postby Ryan » Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks guys!

This isn't really a new version, just a new pcb layout and a couple house-keeping changes. On the last pcb I had the high gain side out of phase with the dry signal and I had been doing a little hack on the board to put them in phase, so with this version I added an op amp stage to do it.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat May 12, 2012 10:57 pm

2011 vs 2012
ImageImage

The new one is like, the yellow stuff together, the black stuff together, the blue stuff together... and a little robot looking at all the stuff from the top of the board... well done. :thumb:
I don't know anything about pedal building. :facepalm:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Good analysis, Syl! I like rows lately.. I set my layouts up around rows in the Frazz and Elements. Makes it easy to populate and solder plus I just like how it looks. And it makes me feel important, getting all these components in a line.. like a drill sergeant.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Mon May 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Ryan wrote:Good analysis, Syl! I like rows lately.. I set my layouts up around rows in the Frazz and Elements. Makes it easy to populate and solder plus I just like how it looks. And it makes me feel important, getting all these components in a line.. like a drill sergeant.

Yeap... and that little robot on top of the PCB watching them all.

There's a Frazz my way... review soon.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oinkbanana » Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 pm

frazz is great. especially for adding a good amount of hair on bass.

Ryan wrote:One thing about Frazzes that I keep forgetting to mention is they can't run at 18V. It was a mistake to have that printed on them and in the instruction manuals... they don't work at all at 18V. That's a good thing though, making a Frazz less gainy is wrong and not ok and not allowed and probably illegal. (I had made them safe to run at 18V before investigating what they actually sounded like at 18V.. turns out they sound really weird and stupid at 18V.. you can do it for a laugh if you wanna see for yourself)

safe at 18v. ok. gonna try it and be sure to use it on my next recording because laughs are good when tracking.
and unique sounds are always a plus.
now posting as Forrrest.
oinkbanana

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby excane » Wed May 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Love the new finish ( as if any of them were ever bad....PPFFTTT)

This one is just lollipops and cotton candy :joy:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby sylnau » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 pm

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Really awesome, Syl, thank you again for the fun video! Hearing it with all those pedals is really cool!

I'm curious what it sounds like if you use it like I use it.. howsabout this for a video....

High gain mode, mix dimed, gain dimed. You hit an open E power chord and it let it hang for awhile, then do some heavy palm mutes, back to the power chord hanging, click on a cool weird noise maker, more power chord hanging. Rystyle. Just curious how that sounds on your rig!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm

Hey Ryan,
I'll try this tomorrow.

I never though of doing that because I cannot play lound where I live.
But I guess a few minutes won't arm anybody. ;)

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Right, you're in an apartment hey pal? I was just teasing about the different video, I like hearing the pedal in your style!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Ryan wrote:Really awesome, Syl, thank you again for the fun video! Hearing it with all those pedals is really cool!

I'm curious what it sounds like if you use it like I use it.. howsabout this for a video....

High gain mode, mix dimed, gain dimed. You hit an open E power chord and it let it hang for awhile, then do some heavy palm mutes, back to the power chord hanging, click on a cool weird noise maker, more power chord hanging. Rystyle. Just curious how that sounds on your rig!

Coming right UP.... ;)
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby sylnau » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 pm

excane... this guy will do it!!
He have some aewsome video. :thumb:
:rock:

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Let's both go NUTZZZ :!!!:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby sylnau » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Ryan wrote:Really awesome, Syl, thank you again for the fun video! Hearing it with all those pedals is really cool!

Here it is Ryan:

Not my best playing... but that's how this setting sound with my gear.

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist