· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals fished from the shores of lake okanagan and flash frozen for freshness <drscientist.ca> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Re: so how's the rainy day delay coming along

Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Hahaha that gif is so hilarious and perfect!

That's a good question about 100% wet, I hadn't really pondered that yet... I'll try both ways, the standard level control for the repeats and a wet/dry mix setup and see what I like better, I'm not really sure just yet.

Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 am

Ryan wrote:Hahaha that gif is so hilarious and perfect!

That's a good question about 100% wet, I hadn't really pondered that yet... I'll try both ways, the standard level control for the repeats and a wet/dry mix setup and see what I like better, I'm not really sure just yet.

This is the only thing I would request for the new delay. The only thing I don't like about the sdd is the lack of being able to go more than 50/50. All other features are best left in your all knowing hands. Being able to have a slight volume boost when on would be nice too.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 am

Yeah I agree, Ian, I think the wet/dry mix is best too.. most powerful. That plus a wet level control would max power, like the Cosmi.

Fri May 25, 2012 9:10 am

So what kind of delay chips are you thinking about utilising for the new delay?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Good question.. I've got a couple ideas to try...

First, I'll try an all analog delay and see what kind of circuit I can get going with the V3205 chips. They're really the only viable analog BBD chip available now.. I've never tried one yet though and I didn't like the V3207 compared to the MN3007...

What I'd like to do even more though is get my hands on a decent resolution digital delay chip that can do very clean and pristine repeats of a reasonable length, at least a second. Then make it so that you can degrade that clean and pure delay and make it sound analog all the way to lo-fi with some kind of quality control knob.

I found a cool tutorial where a guy uses an ATmega32 to make a really simple delay processor.. I'm wondering if I can do something similar with high resolution AD/DA converters and maybe a chip or two of external memory.

Lots to think about with a new delay pedal and my hamster wheel is definitely turning...

Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Will it have an expand feature like the Endangered Audio AD4096?

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Since this thread is bumped I would love to see it have an effects loop like you mentioned on page 2. We do want it! The possibilities.. :love:

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:50 pm

blanket wrote:Will it have an expand feature like the Endangered Audio AD4096?

:!!!: THIS.

Oh man, Ryan make this happen!!

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:55 pm

SOLD!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:10 pm

excane wrote:
blanket wrote:Will it have an expand feature like the Endangered Audio AD4096?

:!!!: THIS.

Oh man, Ryan make this happen!!

Please.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

I'd LOVE an analog delay with tap tempo :excellent:

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Ryan wrote:Good question.. I've got a couple ideas to try...

First, I'll try an all analog delay and see what kind of circuit I can get going with the V3205 chips. They're really the only viable analog BBD chip available now.. I've never tried one yet though and I didn't like the V3207 compared to the MN3007...

Try the BL3208 too, there's been some people claiming the 3205 are a bit inconsistent production wise.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks Pete, I'll check those out too! I think all BBD chips are a bit inconsistent anyway, I don't mind that, adds to the analog appeal, right? *smile*

So about the 'expand' idea, yeah for sure I plan to add some foot-switch power. I'd like to do it in the hold style, where you hold down your stomp and get endless repeats/oscillation. I probably wouldn't do the runaway style of oscillation though where the repeats are super distorted and super loud, I hate that sound.. I like when they go on for ever and just make this nice blanket of sound. Not sure just yet if I want a second foot switch for powerful extras or use the main on/off foot-switch in a hold mode kinda thing.. we'll see about that too.

I like the effects loop idea a lot too but there's a limit to how many jacks I can fit into the box... you know me, I'll want this pedal in the smallest size box possible and it's tough to do the top mounted in/out/9vdc and then have 2 on the side for expression/CV and then 2 more for effect loop... but I do like the idea of a box covered in jacks, that sounds cool... I'll see what I can do!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Same size has the SDD/Cosmichorus would ok with me, if you need that for the FX Loop.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 pm

regardless of what it is, I'll probably buy it because it's from the Dr.
Post a reply