My Kingdom For a Reverberator On the Air!

Moderator: Ryan

Re: My Kingdom For a Reverberator On the Air!

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:59 am

I think we'll probably have them here in about a month or so.. I know the boxes are ready to be powder coated so they'll probably ship in less than a couple weeks. Then it'll be a question of what stores have orders in to see where they go... I just sent some minis to our store in Melbourne so it might be awhile before the new red ones hit Australia, sorry!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:02 am

Awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out!

Moving to Canada for a couple of years at the end of this year, so I guess I'll be closer to where the magic happens. :)
Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, maz91379, allicio, nelsinian, tomlane95, casperh7, insubordination, bronzetalon
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 am

Right on, that's a big move! Whereabouts are you moving to? Aussies fit in really well up here and you're all welcome... just don't bring any of your spiders.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 am

We're (my girlfriend and I) moving to get away from the spiders! ... and the heat..

At this point it looks like we'll be travelling around your fair country for a month or so (and maybe down into the US briefly), then most likely end up in Toronto; which I've heard has a really good local music scene?
Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, maz91379, allicio, nelsinian, tomlane95, casperh7, insubordination, bronzetalon
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:21 am

Right on, if you don't love heat then you'll love Canada around the end of the year! Everywhere you go will be nice and cold! *smile*

I don't really know that side of the country very well but Toronto is the biggest city up here so I imagine it has a bustling music scene. I imagine all our big cities do and they're probably all nice places to live too, like Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver. No offense to places I'm leaving out, those are just our major cities off the top of my head.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 am

Sweet, I'm sure we'll be checking most of them out and plenty in between. Where do you guys hail from?

My Dr S's will be happy to be back in their homeland!
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 am

We're just outside Edmonton, Alberta. We're in the prairies. Edmonton and surrounding suburbs is about a million people and we have a really really big mall here and an NHL hockey team and Alberta is known for having delicious beef.

Here's what it looks like here:
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:04 am

Oh man, you can't possibly understand how great that video looks compared to where I'm from.

And the weather here..

Friday 9th Mar - Max 38
Saturday 10th Mar - Max 38
Sunday 11th Mar - Max 40
Monday 12th Mar - Max 37

And so on.. Sigh. Can't wait 'til the end of the year!

Am definitely going to spend some time 'round Edmonton way :)
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 am

Haha that video is great!

Geeeez it's hot down under. There's a few places in Canada that get as hot as that in July and August but it rarely goes over 30 here in the dead of summer. Right now it's 1 with a low of -10 over the weekend. There was 3 days in January that hit -35 but otherwise this has been a nice mild winter.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby yallerhon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:31 am

Good golly. To put it in perspective, I have never seen snow.

In case we're veering wildly off-topic, today I finally spent some real time using my blue put-a-bird-on-it-berator (received it three days ago, on Tuesday). I absolutely love it! Even through my dodgy borrowed solid-state combo amp, it sounds warm, real, like the amp is a doorway to guitar being played in a big room next door, or something.. :thumb:

Am now hanging out for the red-on-the-air so much. Seeing the original teal one on someone elses' pedal board is what got me interested in boutique/hand-made/etc effects in general, I'd only ever used Boss / EHX before.
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 am

Well yaller, you're gonna love snow.. it's flavoured differently depending on what province you're in. Here it tastes like beef jerky but I think in Ontario it's peppermint.

Glad to hear you're digging your RRR! That's really cool that the tv box was kinda your entrance into the world of small-scale builders.. I hope you get a kick out of the pedals you'll discover. And I hope you check out all the hosted builders here on ILF, it's really the best of the boutique builders in the market right in one place. (just my opinion but the builders on ILF are really special)
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Out of curiosity, does the original "On the Air" finish have sparkles in the finish?

Also, I just might be pulling the trigger on a Sunny Day Delay to replace my Skreddy Echo (or use them together...who knows). They have a similar max delay time right? (PS, the finish on this SDD I found is magnificent...truly unreal!)
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Yessir!
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muse FTW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

futuresailors wrote:Yessir!

My life just became more difficult.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 am

Multi-colour sparkles on the teal on-the-air, silver sparkles on the red one. I'm hoping the powder coaters can do glitter for us next.. I love sparkle, it's awesome, but glitter is very very cool.

So what SDD are you checking out? 4 or 5 knobber? They have a max delay time of about half a second, maybe a little longer.
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist