Dr. Scientist and his wonderful pedals

Moderator: Ryan

Re: Dr. Scientist and his wonderful pedals

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 pm

terminalvertigo wrote:
jwar wrote:So I know there's threads here about the love, but I want to share more. So I love Ryan. Seriously. One of the coolest dudes on the planet and am humbled to have worked with him as many times as I have. That's beside the point though.

Let's talk pedals. I was just sitting here playing my ILFDD and I just can't imagine myself every not having it. I love this pedal beyond believe and am amazed every time I turn it on. The same goes with my Bitquest and my Dual Elements (wink Ryan lol). But I have made the mistake of getting rid of a few of his gems as well.

I had a Frazz and flipped it very early on in my fuzz quest, I need to remedy that.

I flipped two version of the Cosmi and regret it all the time.

I'm thinking an all Dr. Scientist board is in order. I mean seriously. You make everything I need. Everything I want. Once you put out a phaser, and a dedicated cough flanger cough. I'll be set.

SOOOOOOOOO good.

Just wanted to share some love. :)

Am I the dude or the chick? Not that it matters.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby TundraSludge » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:58 am

Man...I seriously have my board completely dialed in, with all my bases covered, and I STILL find myself craving a Dr. Scientist pedal. And it is undoubtedly because of threads like this. Hell, I wouldn't even care which one. He just seems like such a good dude, I find myself wanting to throw money at him.

And the fact that I recall reading that his company name is a Venture Bros. reference really seals the deal. I fucking LOVE that show!
Tipping cows in fields Elysian...
TundraSludge

interested
interested

Postby mikeyx13 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:37 am

I have to agree with all the love here, never dealt with such a hands on company/family. Un-matched customer service, build quality and killer pedals, got everyone now but the Woofer Wailer and Radical Red Reverberator. Oh and the soon to be coming Heisenberg….Cannot wait to get my hands on that new world of science!
mikeyx13

committed
committed

Postby Ryan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 pm

jwar wrote:So I know there's threads here about the love, but I want to share more. So I love Ryan. Seriously. One of the coolest dudes on the planet and am humbled to have worked with him as many times as I have. That's beside the point though.

Let's talk pedals. I was just sitting here playing my ILFDD and I just can't imagine myself every not having it. I love this pedal beyond believe and am amazed every time I turn it on. The same goes with my Bitquest and my Dual Elements (wink Ryan lol). But I have made the mistake of getting rid of a few of his gems as well.

I had a Frazz and flipped it very early on in my fuzz quest, I need to remedy that.

I flipped two version of the Cosmi and regret it all the time.

I'm thinking an all Dr. Scientist board is in order. I mean seriously. You make everything I need. Everything I want. Once you put out a phaser, and a dedicated cough flanger cough. I'll be set.

SOOOOOOOOO good.

Just wanted to share some love. :)

Awww what a nice post, thanks Adam! I love you too buddy! Been one of my best and favourite pals for a long time now and absolutely the best guy to work with. I wish we did a lot more work together too, I see that growing bigtime through the years!

Clean Channel wrote:More crazy Ryan and his pedals love from me too!

My board is practically all Dr.S, and ever since it got to be that way, all of my buying/changing pedals totally slowed down. Everything Ryan makes is just so good and so right all the time!

Hey Tim! You're the best too buddy and thank you again for helping me with customer's chorus questions, what a guy!

vidret wrote:totally awesome dude and totally awesome pedals, what's not to love. also looking forward to phaser! (OR PHASER PATCH COME ON YOU KNOW IT BRO!)

and yeah, got an ILFDD last week. unseated the el cap. perfect sound, awesome looks. just great stuff all around.

Haha thanks vid! I hear you buddy, I'll make a phaser for sure one day.. I won't let my ILF buddies down!

Raintes wrote:At one point, I had 3 rrr so I had to sell one off. I felt like an a**hole selling one of the three. I mean, I still had two. And when I got around to selling a second rrr... I just wanted to kill myself. I felt like I betrayed Ryan somehow. Then I thought to myself, "How the hell did I even end up with 3 mini rrrs?!" :facepalm:

Hey Manuel! 3 Reverberators haha, you have a little dog to take care of buddy, you can't have that many Reverberators! *smile* I'm still trying to think of the perfect gangster song to use for a spectrum analyzer video for you on Instagram...

fishtankdork wrote:Ryan is a gentleman and a scholar! Hands down the best emails/messages i have ever gotten from musical gear companies were from ryan. his customer service is insanely amazing. and so are the pedals! i cant imagine a world without my sdd stereo and ilfdd. and the rest of the line up is stellar. pretty much the only company i would even consider rocking a brand only board because its the only company i would be able to pull it off with. DR.SCIENTIST, WE SALUTE YOU

That's really nice, Christian, thank you very much. It's awesome working with you too buddy!

Tristan wrote:I couldn't agree more, Ryan is a supergood dude, his customer service is off the charts and his pedals are incredibly awesome, way above most other boutique stuff.
Besides he's the only one who has awesome drive/fuzz, delay and modulation in his line so Dr. Scientist is the only company I know I could run a brand only board with.

Much appreciated, Tristan, thank you!

goroth wrote:Yes yes, you are all correct! I remember what turned me on to dr scientist: my never ending dirt quest. I tried a bunch of pedals over the years and the closest I got to being happy was an Emma Pisdiyauwot with an MXR 6 band eq before it (cutting bass and boosting mids) and a 6band eq after the pisdi putting the final touches on. I tried the elements, sold the eqs and haven't gassed for a distortion pedal since. I did buy a second elements though haha. Then a cosmi. And then...

Thanks a million for everything, Matt, you rule. Thanks for the amazing demo videos you've done... like the Elements one that opens with Raining Blood... what a guy!

goosekevin wrote:I haven't played any of his pedals yet (excitedly awaiting my bitquest in the mail) but if the pedal is even 1/10th as good as the customer service and general good vibes that Ryan brings I'm gonna need to buy a lot more pedals from him
Such a sweet dude making rad shit

Thanks Tom-o, hope you're having fun with that BitQuest still!

goosekevin wrote:Also I've never talked to Tanya but I assume she's rad too! Designs beautiful artwork

You know what... she is! She's really nice and she really likes all you guys too, we're always talking about my ILF buddies!

Sparrow wrote:if you take away the fact .. that Ryan IS Dr. Scientist.
i'm pretty sure. he'd be hanging on this forum anyway :joy:

super nice/ fun to chat with.
likes cool shit!
makes cool shit!

i've got a few of his pedals :!!!: ha.

:hello: thanks! Ryan and Tanya.

i really enjoy - the little details .. like the signature on the inside of the pedals .. they say .. they're to ME :bear:

Hey Josh! Thanks a million to you too for all your demo videos, you've put a ton of time into showing off your pedals really awesomely and I appreciate it bigtime. And you're right, this is definitely the forum I'd be hanging on, no other forum could even compete!

echoraven wrote:Owning one is on my bucket list. Just saw the video on the Heisenberg nanodrive and it is woody inducing.

Haha thanks buddy, much appreciated!

monkeydancer wrote:Yes! My RRR is never going away, the algorithms on that thing are magic. I am on a slow (bit)quest to get more Dr Scientist pedals.

Very nice, thank you! I can't take credit for the RRR patches though, they were designed by the legendary Keith Barr of Alesis fame, he also designed the Spin FV-1.. truly brilliant guy. I just use the chips and make them work well for guitar. The BitQuest's patches are programmed by me with a lot of help from Keith's example programs plus Frank, the current distributor, also a brilliant programmer. I need a lot of programming help! *smile*

rustywire wrote:I currently have an Elements, BitQuest, ILFDD, RRR. Previous owner of a CCv3 and Tremolessence v3.
Fan of them all and the easygoing people who make such tight sounding & sharp looking tools/toys/art supplies.
They always seem to steal the thunder from any other looker-pedals within proximity.

First dealing with Ryan was trading a Malekko E600B for the CCv3.
Months later had to trade the CCv3 to get the ILFDD. Sold the Trem this past autumn to get another DMM.
2nd trade w/Ryan was a Spaceman WOW Signal for the BQ & Elements.
The RRR came in a trade with my Frostwave Resonator for a TR-707 and og Pad 8.

I will eventually replace the Trem and CC, and collect'm all (WW, Cleanness, SDD, big box RRR)
Cant wait until the next trade...and ILF run! :snax:

Hey John, long time! Nice to hear from you and thank you very much! Those were fantastic trades and awesome pedals for my collection, still have 'em both.

11A wrote:He's the nicest guy and the only builder that gives me the "gotta catch 'em all" feeling. 10/10

Aw shucks, thanks Callum! I'm giving you a 10/10 too buddy!

terminalvertigo wrote:Image

Haha that's great.. and hey Andrew, the Keeper of the Dr. Sci History! Thank you very much!

TundraSludge wrote:Man...I seriously have my board completely dialed in, with all my bases covered, and I STILL find myself craving a Dr. Scientist pedal. And it is undoubtedly because of threads like this. Hell, I wouldn't even care which one. He just seems like such a good dude, I find myself wanting to throw money at him.

And the fact that I recall reading that his company name is a Venture Bros. reference really seals the deal. I fucking LOVE that show!

Thanks very much! You have it right, I'm a huge Adult Swim fan! Dr. Girlfriend totally influenced my business name, always loved The Guild of Calamitous Intent too, what an awesome name.

mikeyx13 wrote:I have to agree with all the love here, never dealt with such a hands on company/family. Un-matched customer service, build quality and killer pedals, got everyone now but the Woofer Wailer and Radical Red Reverberator. Oh and the soon to be coming Heisenberg….Cannot wait to get my hands on that new world of science!

Thanks Michael, love working with you too buddy, always a pleasure!

Well guys, you deserve the ultimate form of respect and admiration.. the ultimate gesture of appreciation and servitude and honour, I give to you a Rimmer Salue:

Seriously though, you guys are my best friends and I love goofing off with you and working with you and I hope to get to do so for many more decades. Thank you again, Adam, for starting this thread, and everybody else for posting in it. I appreciate and love you guys that much right back and more!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Randomly bumping this thread because it's one of the most important conversations on the internet.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ThorZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 am

It goes like this, joined ILF, now own Bit Quest, Cosmi Chorus, with a Elements and Reverberator on the way. Best pedals ever, no doubt here
Im not back. Im just front
ThorZ

committed
committed

Postby Willem » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am

Clean Channel wrote:Randomly bumping this thread because it's one of the most important conversations on the internet.

And it would be way better if you had the chance to see the new BQ! finish!!! :snax:
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby Eric! » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:44 pm

BEST customer service and BEST build quality out there. period. i would rock an all DOC SCI board and be more than content!
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 pm

last night. i'm still in AWE of the things I saw .. played .. touched .. fondled :!!!:
Terminal Vertigo came over to play last night!

i had a Great time!! You're Awesome Andrew :hug:
you not only introduced me - into the Realm of the Good Dr. but ..
then >>> the gear and Guitars.
my mind. is. Blown.

Once again. Ryan is SO NICE. just email him sometime - and see for yourself. he may be busy Building super cool awesome Future Fun Devices .. but. Yeah.
Love yah Ryan :hug:

p.s.

i'm pretty sure this is where Ryan got some of his powers. he touched spidermans nips!!

Last edited by Sparrow on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey Ryan, any eta on a new BQ finish? Perhaps with the ufos you mentioned :love:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ryan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:58 am

Awww you guys are the best, thanks budskis!

So cool that Josh and Andrew got to hang out, I'd have loved to have been there too! I can only imagine what other goodies Andrew must have...

I've got a sweet new BitQuest box, I really like it a lot.. it's a digital print not a screen print so it's way more colourful, reminds me of the vinyl finish days. I recently popped one in the mail to good ol' Eivind July (*wink*) and I promised him I'd not show the world til his arrives and he gets the surprise of an unseen finish.. any day now!

Also guys, sorry for not being around way more often lately... been meaning to change that, I miss you guys! Hope you're all having an awesome summer! We're loving the Okanagan in the summer, it's awesome here, was 36C yesterday. Talk soon!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:11 am

Leaving this here with love and lust... :love:

demdocsci.jpg
demdocsci.jpg (67.58 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:45 am

Love it!!! Perfect combo and love the finishes. Though didn't you have a purple ILFDD??? I swear I made one just for you! It's been awhile though, maybe I'm wrong. lol

I have something special on the way from Ryan! I can't freaking wait! ugh! So excited!!!

I want to grow my Dr. Scientist collection. I need a verb and Frazz!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sonidero » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:10 am

jwar wrote:Love it!!!Though didn't you have a purple ILFDD??? I swear I made one just for you!

There were a couple and I missed out... Pink suites my Loveless TAFM quite well though...

Someone I know has the flip of that black RRR and I will obtain it someday...:zen:
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 am

I'm loving my BitQuest! it's the most played with pedal I have right now and I wouldn't be at all surprised if I didn't get at least one more, though there are quite a few other Dr Scientist pedals I'd like too.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dr. Scientist