Sooo, I just bought an Algal Bloom...

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Sooo, I just bought an Algal Bloom...

Postby pureMania » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Got from a guy locally who was thinning the herd, and it has 2 labels, one reads, " FH(fx) ALGAL BLOOM 009," this one was pretty self explanatory, especially after I took off the back plate and saw it had "Algal Bloom number 9!" written in it. The other label has me wondering though, it reads, "BASS AND SI + GE MOD," and I don't know what it means, so if anyone could shed some light on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!! :thumb:
Wait...what?

Nychthemeron wrote:I say you can believe what you want to believe, but it doesn't matter what anyone believes because everyone is a moron.
pureMania

interested
interested

Re: Sooo, I just bought an Algal Bloom...

Postby pureMania » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Also, it sounds unbelievably GREAT!!
Wait...what?

Nychthemeron wrote:I say you can believe what you want to believe, but it doesn't matter what anyone believes because everyone is a moron.
pureMania

interested
interested

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 pm

:) Thanks!

If that's the one without any toggles (I think it is), it's one-of-a-kind!

Definitely the only only Algal Bloom with a bass mod, which lets a bit more bass into/through the circuit. The GE+SI mod means there's a germanium diode in there, as opposed to the all-silicon standard version. (I currently offer the germanium mod on a toggle, so I think this one has it modded as standard...but it was a while ago, done by custom request, so I can't say 100% without knowing how many diodes are in there). It's a slightly more raw texture than standard, likely with some slightly gated and rougher type tones as you turn the Trim down.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby magiclawnchair » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:20 pm

:omg:

nice score!!! :thumb:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby pureMania » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Tom Dalton wrote::) Thanks!

If that's the one without any toggles (I think it is), it's one-of-a-kind!

Definitely the only only Algal Bloom with a bass mod, which lets a bit more bass into/through the circuit. The GE+SI mod means there's a germanium diode in there, as opposed to the all-silicon standard version. (I currently offer the germanium mod on a toggle, so I think this one has it modded as standard...but it was a while ago, done by custom request, so I can't say 100% without knowing how many diodes are in there). It's a slightly more raw texture than standard, likely with some slightly gated and rougher type tones as you turn the Trim down.

Good to know!! And yeah, no toggle switches, just the stomp and the 4 knobs. I've fiddled with it a bit more now, and I think I'm starting to get it just where I want it (settings AND placement in the FX chain) :thumb: And seriously, this thing is an eargasm in a box :drool: and as it plays nicely with all the other unruly characters on my board, I've a feeling it'll be staying there fro quite some time!!
Wait...what?

pureMania

interested
interested

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 pm

pureMania wrote:Good to know!! And yeah, no toggle switches, just the stomp and the 4 knobs. I've fiddled with it a bit more now, and I think I'm starting to get it just where I want it (settings AND placement in the FX chain) :thumb: And seriously, this thing is an eargasm in a box :drool: and as it plays nicely with all the other unruly characters on my board, I've a feeling it'll be staying there fro quite some time!!

Yeah, that's the only one like that out there! Glad you're enjoying it! Thanks! :joy:

If you ever want either of the mods put on a toggle, I'd be happy to do it aftermarket.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby sevenSHARPnine » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 pm

That's such a sweet score! Congrats. I love my Algal Bloom, it's pretty much the bestest fuzz ever. I wonder how it sounds with a bass boost :love:
McSpunckle wrote:Pee, on the other hand, is full of other things that make it more conductive. That's why you don't pee outside in a lightning storm without first putting on your steel dick sheath.

htsamurai wrote:sharpie is my hero and lover

http://www.youtube.com/sevensharpnine
sevenSHARPnine

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to FuzzHugger Effects