Limited Sale - Wolf Computer for $119!!!

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Re: Limited Sale - Wolf Computer for $119!!!

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon May 17, 2010 12:48 am

sutarappa wrote:
Bassus Sanguinis wrote:
sevenSHARPnine wrote:free wolf computers for everyone! :joy: :joy: :joy:

:lol: wow - now THAT'd do wonders to Toms waitlist.

haha! yeah! closer to the ILF commune i've always known we could be... :wha?:

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I almost moved to a commune when I was 22?
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby sevenSHARPnine » Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:Did I ever tell you guys about the time I almost moved to a commune when I was 22?

DO TELL!
McSpunckle wrote:Pee, on the other hand, is full of other things that make it more conductive. That's why you don't pee outside in a lightning storm without first putting on your steel dick sheath.

htsamurai wrote:sharpie is my hero and lover

http://www.youtube.com/sevensharpnine
sevenSHARPnine

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm

sevenSHARPnine wrote:
Tom Dalton wrote:Did I ever tell you guys about the time I almost moved to a commune when I was 22?

DO TELL!

Well, I almost did!!! :lol:

I doubt the full story is as exciting!

A lack of attractive life options, disappointment in the general competitiveness/pace of things, wanting to live outside the traditional system, admiring the model of a commune a couple states from me...other things that made me want to lose my mind and drop out of life...I was ready to go! I was planning on visiting to check it out. It's one of those things that shouldn't be considered that extreme, imo, but if you do it, everyone thinks you're crazy.

I've always loved the idea of any kind of small community with common goals/interests, creating somewhat of their own system...(which actually inspired some of my goals for FH and now ILF, as far as builders working together, sharing ideas, interacting and discussing with users, etc...kind of trying to create a new/better community or way of doing things. I originally tried for more collaborative designs, but it's tough to coordinate with busy builders!). Not to say that what I'm doing or we're doing is similar to any commune or anything. But some of those basic goals and ideas, functioning as separately as possible from the larger system, definitely inspire me!

I gave it a lot of thought, and eventually decided to hold off. There were just a couple things I couldn't give up and potentially would have had to (pedal building being one of them!).
And here we are. :joy:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby sevenSHARPnine » Mon May 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Well I'm pretty psyched you didn't exchange pedal-building for the commune life! Don't get me wrong, I've given serious thought on multiple occasions to doing something similar.
McSpunckle wrote:Pee, on the other hand, is full of other things that make it more conductive. That's why you don't pee outside in a lightning storm without first putting on your steel dick sheath.

htsamurai wrote:sharpie is my hero and lover

http://www.youtube.com/sevensharpnine
sevenSHARPnine

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 am

Tom Dalton wrote:And here we are. :joy:

:joy: here we are, now. But yeah, it's important to do the things in the right life situations, the right here and now for oneself.

When I took some time off from my gigging bands I was - and still am - harboring the idea of moving to the country side and make a modest but full living as a father and a goat herd, practicing philosophy and noisy black squarewaves in silence on my own. No, really! I do. :lol: I know, I'm a freak that way, but perhaps in distant future... who knows. ;)
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby floating opera » Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 am

Tom Dalton wrote:
sutarappa wrote:
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I almost moved to a commune when I was 22?

which commune was it?

:ilf:
Tom Dalton wrote:The problem wasn't that it was a guy tonguing another guy's ass...it's that anyone was tonguing anyone's ass.

floating opera

committed
committed

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 pm

floating opera wrote:
Tom Dalton wrote:

which commune was it?[/quote]

Twin Oaks in Virginia!
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby leastwise » Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:Twin Oaks in Virginia!

I eat their tofu.

Good stuff.
:joy: things to do, things to re-do :omg:
leastwise

experienced
experienced

Postby floating opera » Thu May 20, 2010 2:29 am

that commune seems interesting. sort of kind of makes me want to read BF Skinners' Walden Two.

in theory. i like the idea of communes. although it seems most fail for some reason.
Tom Dalton wrote:The problem wasn't that it was a guy tonguing another guy's ass...it's that anyone was tonguing anyone's ass.

floating opera

committed
committed

Postby FuzzHugger » Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 am

floating opera wrote:in theory. i like the idea of communes. although it seems most fail for some reason.

Definitely. At least in theory...
And I admire the goal of self-sufficiency within a small community, living outside the traditional system (though they still often rely on that system, as far as selling things to the outside would to preserve/fund their own system).

I'm at least fascinated by them. I'd love to go to one and have all my preconceptions smashed.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby floating opera » Thu May 20, 2010 2:55 am

well. i should say. the self-indulgent hippie commune seems to fail. i went thru a bunch of old Arthur magazines recently & there was this story of this, i wanna say, quasi-commune in California that seemed cool. but even that one is kind of dying. i really would like to live in a house or a community of libertines and free-thinkers but man that's just a fucking dream. it seems mega-untenable...

floating opera

committed
committed

Previous

Return to FuzzHugger Effects