Phantom Octave Love

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Phantom Octave Love

Postby Cybananna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:58 pm

I just got the phantom octave. It's my first Fuzzhugger(fx) pedal and I think it's my favorite pedal of all. Such a great idea for a pedal. :love:

I've only had a chance to try it with one guitar ('64 Fender Duo-Sonic II) through Fender tube amp. :omg: :drool: Can't wait to try the Tele later!
Cybananna

interested
interested

Re: Phantom Octave Love

Postby testertube » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Cybananna wrote:Can't wait to try the Tele later!

:thumb:
report back on how it sounds with the tele. that thing sounds different with every guitar!
testertube

Postby Cybananna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm

I got to try it with the Tele, an early 90's USA. It was a little less responsive to touch than with the Duo Sonic II. It sounded great though. Lately, I've been a little partial to the Duo Sonic too so that may have biased me.

The Phantom Octave is so responsive to volume and tone control, aside from touch. I think it sounds great when it sounds more "regular" and even more so when when it gets splattery and insane. :love:
Cybananna

interested
interested

Postby magiclawnchair » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am

the phantom octave is a real fun pedal! :joy:

i like to use mine to boost an od or a fuzz that has a separate clean volume or even a blend knob. you get all the glitchy phantom octave goodness with some added anger! :cool:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby Seedy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 pm

I've been really inspired by the PO. My favorite guitar is a Peavey T-60, which has cool pickups that act like single coils from 7-10 of the tone knob and like humbuckers below 7. My wife said it sounds like I'm actually conducting electricity when I have it full bore but rolling down to 7 gives me a killer crunch tone, and down further gives me nice soft overdrive. With a phase switch and individual pickup controls I have a million configurations to dial in with this awesomely unique tool. I have it before an ABsynth, so far it doesn't really add anything to have them both on but that wasn't the point anyway.

Both of those are before a QTron+. Now that's a great combo: the output knob on the Phantom Octave plus the gain on the QTron are giving me lots of sounds that are almost like I'm talking, but actually saying something worth hearing.
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Seedy wrote:Both of those are before a QTron+. Now that's a great combo: the output knob on the Phantom Octave plus the gain on the QTron are giving me lots of sounds that are almost like I'm talking, but actually saying something worth hearing.

Made me laugh
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to FuzzHugger Effects