My Free Great Wall Arrived Last Week...

Moderator: FuzzHugger

My Free Great Wall Arrived Last Week...

Postby magnus02 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

First off thanks to Tom and ilovefuzz!

This is the pedal I got for winning the January contest.... woohoo...
:joy: :omg: :)

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, very busy because I'm switching jobs... but...

THIS THING ROCKS!!!
:thumb:

Its a VERY over the top muff type fuzz that is great for singing single note lines. However even with the gain at the lowest possible setting its really really distorted which is a little much for my tastes...

Then I turned down the volume knob on my guitar to try to tame this beast.... perfection! This thing cleans up as well as any fuzz I've tried, and that's saying a lot considering how insanely fuzzy this thing is from the get go.

In summary with the volume on my guitar at 2 or 3 its a perfect Black Keys wall of sound style fuzz and that's how I'll be using it, except for occasional one note melodies at full tilt.

I highly recommend this pedal, even if you have to pay for it haha

Thanks again to Tom for the pedal and ilovefuzz for the sweet contest!
magnus02

committed
committed

Re: My Free Great Wall Arrived Last Week...

Postby fixedspiral » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Congrats on the win!

I won one a while ago, and I've felt like an ungrateful bastard for not having made a demo yet. I got a small video recorder a while ago, and I haven't even taken it out of the box, but I'm going to try to get one up by the end of this week.

Out of curiosity, what are you playing it through?
somaSOMAsoma
fixedspiral

involved
involved

Postby jakehooker » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm jealous! The Great Wall sounds rad from the demos I've heard.

I feel like a bastard as well. It's one thing to not demo what you buy outright, but Tom built me a pedal, and he's sending me the gear to build one into my Jaguar bass as well. I feel I owe it to him and everyone else to show off his badassery, so I'm busting out the Flip camera tonight!
EH Big Muff Pi, Zvex Mastotron, ProCo Rat, Devi Ever Spectacular Aenima, Fuzzhugger/Mellowtone Wolf Computer, ILF Arc Flash, AlgRoar (Custom), Phantom Octave, MXR Blue Box, Phase 90, Carbon Copy Delay, El Grande Bass Fuzz, Radial Tonebone Plexitube, Ohnoho Chk Chk Boom, Mojo Hand Sugar Baby

Need more fuzz!
jakehooker

committed
committed

Postby hazelwould » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:26 am

I really want to hear some GW samples... :love:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby magnus02 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:16 pm

fixedspiral wrote:Congrats on the win!

I won one a while ago, and I've felt like an ungrateful bastard for not having made a demo yet. I got a small video recorder a while ago, and I haven't even taken it out of the box, but I'm going to try to get one up by the end of this week.

Out of curiosity, what are you playing it through?

I'm playing a Michael Stevens Slant (an AMAZING strat) through a Goodsell Super 17 with 2 alnico blues. It sounds HUGE through this setup and I can only figure through a big fender or marshall it could be a giant. I really need to try a Les Paul through it as well. Basically my setup is more in tune for blues and cleaner playing and not 100% tailored for super high gain. Still sounds amazing though.

My band just got our studio space setup up so if I get time I'll make clips with this as well as a lot of other ilovefuzz pedals that I own. I'm very tech unsavy but luckily our keyboard player is good with this stuff so hopefully he'll help me out...
magnus02

committed
committed

Return to FuzzHugger Effects