· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Special effects. <fuzzhugger.com> <FB> <Tw> <IG>
Post a reply

Algal Bloom settings

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:54 pm

So I just spent a good two hours playing around with my Algal Bloom #10 through some headphones. I really appreciate how well it reacts to my guitar volume and picking dynamics. I was also hypnotized by some of the note decay and intermodulation I was getting. I got so lost in the fuzz that my corned beef I'm cooking is almost done.

Unfortunately I didn't write anything down. And since my Bloom is so early, it doesn't even have labels for the knobs which I need to look up again (volume, starve, tone, fuzz from left to right if I'm not mistaken).

I was just wondering if anyone had any favorite settings they wanted to share.

(on a side note: should turning the tone or bloom knob, second from right, completely cut out the signal?)
Last edited by Davin on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Algal Bloom settings

Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Yeah turning the bloom knob can be super crackly, that's normal.

I don't have labels on mine either lol but I love high bloom, low gain, low starve controls as a cool blowy out overdrive kind of sound.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 am

Yes, Bloom grounds out when full-left, and Starve/Power crackles. :)

My favorite setting is: Gain full-right, Bloom noon, not Starved...I see that as the "standard" position.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks Tom. Your pedal's rule BTW.

I ran the AB into a vintage Traynor the other night and basically kept it on all night and controlled the gain with my volume knob. So much fun.
Post a reply