Algal Bloom and Blend at 18V

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Algal Bloom and Blend at 18V

Postby Philippe Elskens » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:08 pm

I remember reading somewhere that the Algal Bloom and Blend can be used at different voltages (I think I read 12V). I have a spare 18V adaptor. Can I try to plug this into my Bloom, or will this not work?
Thanks!
Philippe Elskens

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Algal Bloom and Blend at 18V

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 am

I cannot publicly comment on this. :lol:

The voltage rating of Algal Bloom capacitors has changed a few times...the current capacitors I'm using can withstand it, but not all in the past, so I don't want people going and frying their pedals. And even if a capacitor is rated at 18v, it's best to have a higher voltage rating if you're going to be running 18v. So I've always said to run the Algal Bloom at 9-12v because no one's going to fry their pedal at those voltages.

Fun fact: if you run an Algal Bloom at 12v, the Starve/Power knob now starts at 12v, so you can still notch it back to run at 9v.

If anyone wants a 12v adapter, PayPal me $10 (or $12 if you want a daisy chain with it) and I'll send one your way. My PP email is in my ILF profile.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: Algal Bloom and Blend at 18V

Postby CyaNitrate » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Well, a fancy power supply is my next major purchase, so I'll be sure to get one with a 12v option :thumb:
jwar wrote:BRO! There is only one order! Bass>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>fuzz>overdriven amp. :)

goroth wrote:Come up here and fuzz party. Yes. Fuzz party. It is a legit verb.
CyaNitrate

experienced
experienced

Return to FuzzHugger Effects