Tourbox Contest Thread!

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Tourbox Contest Thread!

Postby hazelwould » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 am

Just wondering how the contest is going? Maybe you could post the finished videos here?

This really is an awesome idea for a giveaway.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Tourbox contest?

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:55 am

That's a great idea!

I'll post the vids here--and it'd be really helpful if everyone talked about which was their favorite, cause we've gotta pick a winner at the end of it.

The details: there are two tourboxes going around (one has an Algal Bloom and AB-Synth in it, the other has an AB-Synth and a Great Wall in it). Everyone records a demo of at least one of them. Everyone who entered gets 8% one future order, and after doing their vid gets 10% off a future FuzzHugger(fx) order. At the end, one person gets to pick one of the tourbox pedals for free. :)

Okay! I'll be posting people's responses and videos below!
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 am

Entry #1

frankiej said:

"Spent about 40 mins with it or so. I literally had to stop playing due to my ears couldn't take anymore, these pedals are monsters....assaulting my ears with fuzzy goodness .

I mostly played around with the AB-Synth. This thing has loads of fuzz on it, I cannot even begin to explain. Even at its minimum it has a lot and it just gets thicker and bigger from there. You can get some pretty interesting lead tones out of it. Depending on the settings it can clean up decently with the vol knob of your guitar. The texture knob is very useful, from blistering thick fuzz to a rather calm distortion like tone. A lot of things to be found but didn't fiddle around with it too much for now, see below for reason

But now to the interesting part; the oscillation switch . Now keep in mind, I'm not much of the glitchy/studdering type of fuzz person but I had a lot of fun with this. The gain knob and the trip knob have the most effect when the switch is up; the texture knob changes it a lot but from what I could tell it isn't that important. It's really unpredictable, in some settings you can play a note and let it ring out then it will go all glitchy. On others it just goes all out crazy and once you play the notes they die off. One thing I found very interesting is that you can also control the pitch with the volume knob on your guitar. As you turn your volume knob down the pitch lowers. Also since its unpredictable you can get some interesting droning/studdering type of sounds.

I feel there is more to find but thats all for now."

frankiej's videos:
"The mic wasn't the best but eh, it does its job; just keep in mind when the clips are posted the bass is tighter and its a lot bigger sound (like i said before, they both pack a punch and are really loud)."

FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby jrmy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:06 am

D'oh! How did I not know about this? I woulda LOVED to have gotten in on some of this smaction...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 am

Entry #2

Agreed said:

[The Great Wall has] "a lot of the same range of tones as a Big Muff, but it's much, much deeper - the Big Muff quits where this pedal keeps going and going, on both sides. It gets cleaner than the muff, it gets dirtier than the muff, it gets meaner than the muff, and if you really dime out everything it even gets a little freaky which the muff won't do. :thumb: to this pedal. [...it has] the thick, full, fat sound I've come to associate with your designs. Very useful voicing, and in this case the defeatable tone control makes it even more useful (although I love the Muff-style tone knob on it, some good sweet spots on that thing). And of course the debate between the Volt and Trim with the Gain playing moderator as usual makes for a very sophisticated range of adjustments that aren't hard to understand and master, but go way beyond a normal fuzz. Of course none of the fuzzes you carry are "normal," but this still has its own unique flavor even in that proud lineup."

"The AB-Synth is, haha, totally as described, out-there whacko crazy cool. The freak-out mode switch is nice, so many fuzzes of this type have no real way to tame them but this thing is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Chong, so to speak :D. I love how you can control the oscillation texture and sound with the volume and tone knobs."

Agreed's entries:

Guitar and bass jam:
(For the guitar and bass jam, Agreed "configured the amp and cab to chop off a lot of the high end, you could easily play lead bass with the Great Wall with the tone bypassed, it's fat and fuzzy as can be.")

Just the bass track from that jam full on, not set for less highs!
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: Tourbox Contest Thread!

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Entry #3

Bobby D said:

"holy freaking CRAP.....i just did a video demo of the AB SYNTH and that thing is SICK!

one side of it is a VERY GOOD sounding high gain fuzz...nice decay, very natural sounding, plenty of sustain.

hit the switch, and goes bananas. sorta fuzz factory like, but different. i was able to get some REALLY cool sputtering and noises with it. BUT...it sounds like a normal fuzz as long as you are PLAYING, but as soon as you let a note sustain fro a few seconds, it starts going seriously weird."

[about rolling volume back in oscillation mode:] "it gets REAL lowdown when you do that. i was able to just move my left hand up and down the scale, and have it bass fuzz out on me.

i got some sputtering that was almost in key with the music. very strange and beautiful.

and as a fuzz, it sounds really good! it's a high gainer FOR SURE......i never felt the need to stack it with any other gain or boost."

Bobby D's entries:

Ab-Synth:

Algal Bloom:
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: Tourbox Contest Thread!

Postby FuzzHugger » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Entry #4

Iamtehcure:

Ab-Synth:

Entry #5