The cat's out of the body bag!

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Re: The cat's out of the body bag!

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Choking on doom, Jebus! Haven't heard anything that strangled and grainy in a long time, rad! And original.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Should mention... I got an email asking if the Doom Bloom was more compressed than the Algal Bloom. In the clips I did, I was having a bit too much fun on the highest gain, most clipped, strangled settings...the Doom Bloom is more open, has more mass and higher headroom (on most settings). Though you've got a switch to bring in extra clipping. I felt that was needed after opening it up so much.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby benjuro » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 am

benjuro wrote:What's the status on this project Tom?
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:Should mention... I got an email asking if the Doom Bloom was more compressed than the Algal Bloom. In the clips I did, I was having a bit too much fun on the highest gain, most clipped, strangled settings...the Doom Bloom is more open, has more mass and higher headroom (on most settings). Though you've got a switch to bring in extra clipping. I felt that was needed after opening it up so much.

...figured as much - since I have Algal Bloom and thought this can't be ALL different - but I wanted to give credits for the rad strangled, compressed, crapped out fuzztortion. :)
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby univalve » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 am

benjuro wrote:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:16 am

univalve wrote:
benjuro wrote:

:lol: :lol: 30 minutes ago, I thought, I need to preemptively respond to the Doom Bloom thread before I get another poke! Damn it, you beat me!

I've gotten majorly carried away lately with big projects lately. But if I didn't follow those obsessions, cool stuff wouldn't come out of it. Right after I finished Summit's Bloom, I went a little nuts personally but also creatively, like, I've got to do this! And this! And this! And on top of following those obsessions, I have to make sure currrent orders are going out on time.

So err, all I can say is soon. Before Spring. I just have to go through my final testing with the new circuit board and make sure everything's working right. I put a lot of thought into these controls, and I want to make sure they're right.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby kurmudgeon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Can this cop the same tones as a vanilla Bloom? I've wanted an AB ever since I found this place and I've just been waiting for the right time to strike, either this or the XS...
hbombgraphics wrote:I wish I had nice weather to take pics in
or an organic pedalboard whichever that is
kurmudgeon

committed
committed

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 pm

kurmudgeon wrote:Can this cop the same tones as a vanilla Bloom? I've wanted an AB ever since I found this place and I've just been waiting for the right time to strike, either this or the XS...

Not totally. Of course, it's a lot like the Algal Bloom... It builds on some of its strengths--mass, definition, chord-friendliness--and adds lows, mass, and has some more aggressive settings. To get there, I made it as naturally bassy and possible and increased the headroom...then provided controls to reign in that extreme, and shape it...that's what the new Body, High, and Open/Clipping controls do. But by expanding the range, there's no easily-defined setting that's "stock" Algal Bloom. (Though it's so flexible, I think you can cover a lot of standard Algal Bloom tones.)

(Tired...in full ramble mode.)

It's openness may seem surprising at first. (It's not designed to make you suddenly play doom, it's more about what I think a lot of us are looking for--even with low, full chords, with lots of bass--every string coming through without mushing. Playing on its most open settings, someone might play a string or two and think, this isn't extreme...but play a low-tuned 6-string chord and feel that mass! That's why it starts so unclipped and uncompressed. (And if you want to bring in plenty more clipping, you can.)
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby benjuro » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 am

Tom Dalton wrote:
univalve wrote:
benjuro wrote:

:lol: :lol: 30 minutes ago, I thought, I need to preemptively respond to the Doom Bloom thread before I get another poke! Damn it, you beat me!

I've gotten majorly carried away lately with big projects lately. But if I didn't follow those obsessions, cool stuff wouldn't come out of it. Right after I finished Summit's Bloom, I went a little nuts personally but also creatively, like, I've got to do this! And this! And this! And on top of following those obsessions, I have to make sure currrent orders are going out on time.

So err, all I can say is soon. Before Spring. I just have to go through my final testing with the new circuit board and make sure everything's working right. I put a lot of thought into these controls, and I want to make sure they're right.

Thank you, these are the reasons we love you, Tom.

:hug:
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 pm

:)* :hug:
Thanks!

I actually have been--and will continue--testing this week...if everything's right on, I'll put it in the tourbox.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby spacelordmother » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:13 am

spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Previous

Return to FuzzHugger Effects