1134/Hell Fuzz being discontinued...

Moderator: FuzzHugger

1134/Hell Fuzz being discontinued...

Postby FuzzHugger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:49 pm

I love the circuit in the 1134...but despite a favorable review and one user who said it sounded better than his Soul-Bender(!), the pedal's been way overshadowed by the Algal Bloom and AB-Synth (and perhaps hurt by my own miscalculations with the pedal's name and artwork).

There are less than 10 out there, and it looks like there forever shall be.

I'm selling one of the last two on eBay, and the 1134 will leave the FuzzHugger lineup.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220376775357

The circuit is :love: and will eventually be resurrected.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: 1134/Hell Fuzz being discontinued...

Postby Blurillaz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Aw man... It actually does sound better than a soulbender too. My friend has one and he got for free as his first pedal from his uncle...
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBGB » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:25 am

daltont wrote:The circuit is :love: and will eventually be resurrected in a two knob, one-toggle, pedal.

I love the 1134 sounds... Really glad to hear it's not gone for ever!!
ILF pedals: DE Eye of God, Mellowtone Wolf Computer, Mellowtone Singing Tree LE, Fuzzhugger Arc Flash Oscillator, DSc Miniberator, Mysterious J boost/cut/tremolo pedal

http://daylightbats.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/lawrence-knowle-field-rec
CBGB

experienced
experienced

Postby Blurillaz » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Oooh, perhaps a mini 1134? :rock:
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Blurillaz wrote:Oooh, perhaps a mini 1134? :rock:

When the circuit returns, it'll definitely be in a small enclosure...

And I think have a new name. :)
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby Blurillaz » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:51 pm

daltont wrote:And I think a new name. :)

Cobain-ifier?
we
Blurillaz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Blurillaz wrote:
daltont wrote:And I think a new name. :)

Cobain-ifier?

:rock:
:)

It's been stewing for a while...I think it'll be called the Siege Engine.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby FuzzHugger » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:16 pm

I guess I like names that make people have to go to Wikipedia. ;)
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby jrmy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:21 pm

daltont wrote:I guess I like names that make people have to go to Wikipedia. ;)

Well, you could be more obvious and call it "the Battering Ram" or "the Catapult," but Siege Engine has a little more of that je ne sais quois, if you ask me...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby CBGB » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 am

How about the Trebuchet? :)
ILF pedals: DE Eye of God, Mellowtone Wolf Computer, Mellowtone Singing Tree LE, Fuzzhugger Arc Flash Oscillator, DSc Miniberator, Mysterious J boost/cut/tremolo pedal

http://daylightbats.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/lawrence-knowle-field-rec
CBGB

experienced
experienced

Postby ifeellikeatourist » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:49 am

this is funny, because when the 1134 & AB first came out, I decided that I wanted an 1134 based on the fact that I liked the artwork better, it was slightly cheaper, and also just because I thought that it sounded more like my thing than the AB (though youtube videos make it pretty hard sometimes to really distinguish the subtleties of different fx), I almost bought an 1134, but then seppuku came out with the fuzz overloader for $99 and I was just so damn intrigued that I had to give it a go. All in all, having never (yet) played either the AB or 1134, I think that people are going for the AB because it has the 4th knob. I think people see it as being a lot more teakable and versatile for only a few bucks more than the 1134. And as for the AB-Synth, that just seems like a no-brainer, that pedal's insane and people like us go crazy over that kind of stuff. Keep up the good work Tom. If I don't end up winning that 1134 on ebay, I'll be sure to check it out next time around. :thumb:
goroth wrote:Most builders are content on reproducing the same crap. Which is fine. Most guitarists want the same crap.
ifeellikeatourist

experienced
experienced

Postby FuzzHugger » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks for all the nice words, guys!!! :)

ifeellikeatourist wrote:youtube videos make it pretty hard sometimes to really distinguish the subtleties of different fx

I'm gonna attempt one video with all the pedals in it...I think a sort of a/b will really emphasize all the differences.

ifeellikeatourist wrote:this is funny, because when the 1134 & AB first came out, I decided that I wanted an 1134 based on the fact that I liked the artwork better, it was slightly cheaper, and also just because I thought that it sounded more like my thing than the AB.

That's funny. :) I liked the graphics too, but I don't think they (or the name) grabbed people as much as I'd hoped.
I was so excited about the tone and wanted to get it out there, but probably should've waited longer.

I just think it mainly needs to go in a smaller enclosure, a price between $95-99, a mode toggle if I can get it in w/o a price raise, and a new name to top all it off!

Jeff (Agreed) really summed up why I love the 1134's tone in his review: ..."it is a roaring, spitting, howling fuzz with a hint of sub-octave at the beginning of notes unlike any other fuzz I've ever heard. This is the pedal's “signature sound,” to my view. However, backing off of either of the knobs puts the pedal into more traditional fuzz territory, though it never loses its unique sonic profile and remains fairly bright and cutting."

The Algal Bloom has that 4th knob cause it needs it (and the 1134 doesn't)! ;) The AB's very versatile within its own tone range, but the 1134 can do more of an about-face with its tones (overfuzzed, to toneful disortions, drives of a totally different flavor).
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Postby hazelwould » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Man that's a shame. I was really interested in this one. If I had the scratch I'd be all over that last one. I love the fact that you can get stuttery and nice OD in a pedal. It seemed like the gain sweep was pretty large.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:44 pm

hazelwould wrote:Man that's a shame. I was really interested in this one. If I had the scratch I'd be all over that last one. I love the fact that you can get stuttery and nice OD in a pedal. It seemed like the gain sweep was pretty large.

The gain sweep is totally large. :)

I really love the design...
I'm just gonna step things up more with the whole package.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Return to FuzzHugger Effects