The HUGER thread!

Moderator: FuzzHugger

Re: coming soon from FUZZHUGGER FX!!! with clips!!!

Postby univalve » Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 am

magiclawnchair wrote:the fuzz HUGER!!!

the lab ratchet!!!

:duck:

Great Demos!
Great sounds. I do not know which one i like more... :lol:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Wed May 18, 2011 5:46 am

Nasty. Br00tz. One seriously grizzly beast :animal: compared to the otherwise massively saturated Great Wall!

So do I hear... a led clipping in there? Reminded me a bit of the Arc Flash at its nastiest.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Almonds » Wed May 18, 2011 11:07 am

:love:

what's with the "III" to the left of the footswitch? you should get one to Jack White cause that's like his signature or something
When you're ready to come back down
I'll be waiting here
All your friends will be around
I promise I'll wait forever
Almonds

committed
committed

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed May 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:Image

That's just HOT!
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby CBA » Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Tom Dalton wrote:HUGER! It's even huger in person! It's the successor to the Great Wall...really revised (at least 30% new circuitry)! New clipping, new Tone controls...it's really, really big sounding. NewarkWilder and CBA13 have also tried it, so maybe one of them will chime in. :)*

713, dude. That's m'birthday! Anyway.

This is an excerpt (truncated and whittled; even Bowdlerized) from an e-mail I sent to Tom after playing the Huger and Lab Ratchet:

"Right, I first just plugged the *pedals* just like straight into my amp, that is I plugged my Gibson Les Paul Faded Special with P90s into the *pedals* and then into my Fender Blues Deluxe.

HUGER: Immediately I am amazed by just the basic sound of the fuzz. I know my first reaction was "Wow, and this is WITHOUT the tone circuit?", meaning that I was already quite pleased. I can take the tone stack out of my BYOC Large Beaver Triangle (which shall hereby be referred to as the "Triangle"), but it was nothing like the Huger (I've stopped with the caps). Like I said, I was immediately pleased, sonically, by the basic fuzz sound of the Huger. The Triangle is pretty good, but it's not... chocolatey. Haha. It's not... well, it's musical, but the Huger is MUSICAL. It's, ugh, colorful (bad adjective). But do you understand? It's got a lot of character, and is like a really nice warm blanket, whereas the Triangle is heavy yet somewhat metallic... or too scratchy or something. I'm going with whatever words come to mind here. The Huger sans Tone is purple... the Triangle is grey.

Right, so I was into the basic Huger fuzz sound. Then, before turning the tone circuit on, I switched over to the Lab Ratchet. The fuzz here seemed slightly tamer. The Lab Ratchet has a... "rounder" quality to it? "Round"? Like it has a more pronounced kind of vowelish sound to it... almost like it's got a very VERY subtle fixed envelope filter on it... it's just got a different, ahem, rounded sound.

THEEEEEEEN here is what I did: I flipped on the Tone Circuit. This was fun. I went back to the Huger, and went back and forth between like a lot of Bass, low Treble, then a lot of Treble, low Bass, then a good mix, then like a lot of this and a lot of that, then I started to get the hang of it and found a setting that I really liked: Bass at maybe 2ish and Treble at maybe 12:30ish. But this setting is a MONSTER. It rips and tears and sounds so good. Again, more "colorful" (ugh) than the Triangle, and then got into territory that the Triangle cannot reach. Like I was able to get a pretty interesting Op Amp/IC Muff sound from it... I've never played an IC Muff, so I don't know, but there is a GREAT treblish buzz to the Huger, and the ability to crank up the Bass at the same time is something that is lacking from other Muffy pedals... you get the buzz, but you lose the balls... and vice versa. I had some really nice buzzing going with the Huger, and the Bass knob was only at like 1:30 or so and there was plenty of bass/thicknessity to the tone/chords.

The Huger is just more like straight GIRTH. It doesn't have like the ripping attack that the Algal Bloom does, but it's a bit more present. And thick. And probably more fuzzy too, if you're talking like getting into the realm of Big Muff comparison. It's more like 'Here is one big thick SOUND.'

When you turn the tone ON, it's just a fucking ripping buzzsaw rip-fest. I played a line of some kind of riff on the Huger, and it's just this thick cutting banshee razorblade kinda thing. Really great. I love it, and it's way nicer than the Triangle. As far as like immediate/initial reactions, the Huger KIIIIILLLLSSSS the Triangle. It's just like RRRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!

The other thing I really like about the Huger is that gate that you mentioned. It's not like SUPERGATE or anything, but it does exactly what it needs to do. Nice touch. Another huge(r) (haw haw) plus is that volume swell thing that I mentioned... I can turn the volume on my guitar all the way down, click on the Huger, and slowly turn up the volume... it's a nice, even crescendo... just like straight "turning it up". The Huger does <the fuzzy volume swell> with no probbage... if you have it off, turn down your guitar's volume, turn it on, strike a chord, and slowly turn up the guitar's volume, it is sooooooo smooth. Same as when you let a chord or note ring out... it is not sputtery or crackly at all... just thick.

Conclusivity:

I love the Huger. The Huger is wonderful. Tone circuit on or off, it is a true Muff killer. Thick, ballsy, fuzzy, and optionally cutting, biting, ripping, thumping.

For me, again, PERSONALLY (which is my opinion and what it is too), the Algal Bloom (MY FAVOURITE FUZZ PEDAL!) has one REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT sound that I like to use, as it is a perfect fuzz for live power chords and can STILL do all six strings with great clarity, and then can solo like a bitch as well. That's why I love it. The Huger has a larger variety of sounds in it, for like what you want to do with Muff-like thick ballsy fuzz sounds. Both excellent."

Everything that Tom does is dope. I would recommend the Huger to EVERYONE, and the Lab Ratchet to people who love the Algal Bloom, but want to have more options with tone combinations and a really neat "Sustain" knob that goes from shitty-dying-gated-8-bit-fuzz to a thicker, "rounder" (haha, like I said 54 times) distortion/fuzz.

CONGRATS TOM!

And thanks a lot for letting me chime in here before the big releases. My pleasure! :!!!:

C

p.s. Sorry for all the times I took the gay easy way out and described something as "nice". Ugh. That's poor form. I was kinda drunk when I wrote it and I guess I wasn't trying very hard. But yeah, "nice" is so flaccid. Just put in a different menacing descriptor when I say the word "nice".
CBA

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sevenSHARPnine » Wed May 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Cool, so all you did there was make me want both. Dick.
McSpunckle wrote:Pee, on the other hand, is full of other things that make it more conductive. That's why you don't pee outside in a lightning storm without first putting on your steel dick sheath.

htsamurai wrote:sharpie is my hero and lover

http://www.youtube.com/sevensharpnine
sevenSHARPnine

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Thu May 19, 2011 2:31 am

sevenSHARPnine wrote:Cool, so all you did there was make me want both. Dick.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Monkeyboard » Thu May 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Holy Crap.

This is going to make the decision of what to spend my 25$ fuzzhugger voucher on so much harder. DAMN YOU ALL!
Monkeyboard

experienced
experienced

Postby Thomas2508 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Any idea when these two are coming out?
Thomas2508

committed
committed

Postby sutarappa » Mon May 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Thomas2508 wrote:Any idea when these two are coming out?

probably right before they's gonna get sold out. :thumb:

dude is gonna need one.
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby theavondon » Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Ummmm, holy shit I am interested.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Holy Schnikes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:51 am

univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby univalve » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:

It is never ending. Quit your ilf Account now! :p
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby magiclawnchair » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 pm

univalve wrote:
Holy Schnikes wrote:

yeah, quit now... before i buy a new camera and make more vidz... :surprise:
:flame:
"You sir, broke my speakers." - Jero
"I'll be the short-haired dummy headbanging like I've still got my old metal hair over in the corner." - jrmy
"And if you're going to sell something why not come and chat for a while... :( " - smile_man
"GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!" - ST :animal:
http://soundcloud.com/magiclawnchair
http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicLawnChair
http://www.myspace.com/owlcambridge
shop http://fuzzhugger.com/fhfx.html today! :poke:
magiclawnchair

FUZZHEROSAURUS
FUZZHEROSAURUS

Postby univalve » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:43 pm

magiclawnchair wrote:
univalve wrote:
Holy Schnikes wrote:

yeah, quit now... before i buy a new camera and make more vidz... :surprise:

Oh, fuck you!
;) :hug:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to FuzzHugger Effects