Antdroid

Moderator: autopilot

Antdroid

Postby Bellyheart » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:01 pm

I've just searched the world wide web and everyone has no clue...what is the fate of this?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Antdroid

Postby Gregor Samsa » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Its :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: that awesome! i love it! I didnt like any of the video demos of it, but i was really interested in a ring mod. Its a very different kind of ringmod than the moog(which is the only other ringmod i can compare it with), its alot "dirtier"? Its more unpredictable and it stacks way better with other effects(i think). I think it really shines when you use it with distortion pedals.

Im not a fan at all of the regular trem function on it, because its way to noisy for post rock or other semi clean playing, and the range is a bit isnt all that great. with that said, the tremolo function is awesome if you dont think of it as a tremolo and try to tune it to the base note of the riff your playing. Then it adds alot of character to chords etc. I hope that helps, if i were you id go for it.

It has a bit of a learning curve though, i didnt like it very much for the first two months, but then one day it just clicked, and now its my favourite pedal!
Gregor Samsa

involved
involved

Postby Bellyheart » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:04 pm

You have one? When did it come out and why aren't there any for sale?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sjtele » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:48 pm

I think about a year ago the AnTdroid was going thru some design development. Adam said he was going to continue it but I haven't seen any new info about it. I don't think too many actually hit the streets. I managed to find one used and have to say it's a fun animal.

Maybe Adam from Copilot will have an update, he posts on here sometimes.

Here's an older thread about it...
viewtopic.php?f=140&t=2307
sjtele

experienced
experienced

Postby Gregor Samsa » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:33 am

Sorry, didnt catch the AnTdroid. Still if the regular one is :omg: :omg: :omg: then the second one should be exponentially cooler ,meaning :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
Gregor Samsa

involved
involved

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 pm

I really want one. I hope he didn't abandon this idea. He was getting really stoked on perfecting it. It'll be a masterpiece if he ever makes it.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gregor Samsa » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Wouldnt buying to separate androids give you the same result? or did it have any extra mojo?
Gregor Samsa

involved
involved

Postby autopilot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:35 pm

there are 9 antdroids out there i think all of them are from rev.9, the pedal evolved so much i think i have 10 different prototypes of it, ranging from 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 knobbers. It started as combining an antenna and android, but it took life of its own. I will go back to it, late december/january when i finnish some part time jobs i'm working. Even now i'm not clear wich path i'm going to follow since i have too many options i could incorporate and in the end i'll like to be an unique pedal :evil: but sadly that will mean a long curve to master :cry: .
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:44 pm

Gregor Samsa wrote:Wouldnt buying to separate androids give you the same result? or did it have any extra mojo?

sadly i dont think you could get close, from the versions that are in the public hands one side was very close to an antenna2 the first side was different since it was fuzz with an square wave lfo chopping the carrier for some sick telephone tones.

The version 10 i try to added some filter options for more sonic possibilities, that version is the video i did but later i planned to add and tweak, that the beast destroyed my brain and i decide to take some time off, so i can comeback with enough wisdom to overcome and turn it into an awesome riffing sonic machine, that makes you go to unthinkable path of tones that you never experienced before and only thought it could achieve with alien robot technology.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Personally I like the prospect of the constant evolution of the pedal. It'd be neat to do small runs of ten every so often, however each batch altered. I NEED IT!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sjtele » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Gregor Samsa wrote:Sorry, didnt catch the AnTdroid. Still if the regular one is :omg: :omg: :omg: then the second one should be exponentially cooler ,meaning :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

:thumb: You're right they're both :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :animal:
sjtele

experienced
experienced

Postby Nychthemeron » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 pm

My interest, it has been peaked.
Do you like listening to homemade music? Me too. Why don't you try one of mine?

Current ILF Love: OHNOHO CHK CHK BOOM, Mellowtone Melx Fuzz 2, EQD Dream Crusher, Devi Ever ID, Dr. Scientist Proto-Miniberator - new vids eventually

some mysteries are best unsolved
Nychthemeron

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:52 am

You and me both
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sutarappa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 am

heroes, all of you. the android saves as many lives as one will permit. like fog on the interstate. like tears on the highway. i love the android. bass. alien technology. thank you copilot! :animal:
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby Rygot » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:00 am

If it is anything like the handroid then it is worth going out of your way to get your hands on it.
Rygot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx