Autodialer

Moderator: autopilot

Autodialer

Postby autopilot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:36 pm

over the years I got some requests for this, so here is the autodialer, is a buffer, is an envelope generator with exp out and cv out and perhaps could be the telemarketer that always calls you at 7:57 am to chat with you and you should have talked about cthulhu. Will be available next month, since I might add a trigger mod, so via a footswitch you will also trigger the envelope, in case you are a dark soul that do not want to enter the funk and want nothing to do it with it. Price will be $115
Attachments
autodialerilf.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Autodialer

Postby goroth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 pm

I have been waiting for this all my life.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 pm

So is the envelope triggered by the input? Is there a sensitivity control?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:41 pm

yes, the range adjust the input sensitivity and the sweep knob the amount of output (trs 50k), at minimum it will "bypass" the envelope at toe down or heel up (depending on the left switch), since it is a buffer you can place it earlier on your chain or out of your chain if you want to trigger via samplers, other instruments
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 am

Are the side jacks the instrument in/out and top inputs CV/EXP. Or is it the other way round?

What sized enclosure? Any chance the buffer be disabled? (Will effect how I place it in the signal chain.)
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby autopilot » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 am

Yes, the side jacks are in/out, and the top one EXP (right) and CV (left), also power is on top. Enclosure is approx 2.5 x 4.5 (inches, similar to a boss case / 125b). Stock there isn't an option to disable the buffer, in case you don't want to use the buffer you can only plug into the input and no use the output in your chain (if you have an unused stereo out, you could use it to feed the autodialer). The idea of having a buffer is mostly to be able to use it earlier in the chain since once you start stacking fuzzes/drives/delays/reverb/etc the dynamics are more complex and less defined, so that way you don't have to worry a lot of changing the way you play. You don't have to place it in your chain, you can also use it with external sources, like samplers, drum machines, have the dynamics from another instrument.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:54 pm

More questions: power = 9v center negative right?

What's the current draw?
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby autopilot » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm

yes 9v center negative around 0.15 amp / 15 mA
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:54 am

updated version, now with manual trigger mode (via footswitch)
Attachments
ilfaudialerii.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:40 am

would it accept a gate signal at the input to trigger the envelope? If the gate was sustained open would the envelope sustain at the end of the attack portion and decay once the gate is closed? Or would a long gate end up double triggering the envelope?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 am

Any chance you know if the EXP-in can fit a GLS pancake plug (20.75mm/0.817inch width) side by side with the power plug plugged in right next to it? I'm doing a cable order atm, so wondering if I need a straight plug or one of the heavyduty right angles rather than pancakes. I assume pancakes won't work?
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby autopilot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:29 pm

i have a pancake plug (20mm) and the power plug was touching the housing, so i guess not. perhaps moving the in/out to top and the envelope out to the side or a bigger case.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:39 pm

chrisdermo wrote:would it accept a gate signal at the input to trigger the envelope? If the gate was sustained open would the envelope sustain at the end of the attack portion and decay once the gate is closed? Or would a long gate end up double triggering the envelope?

i havent tried feeding a gate at the input, since it amplifies a very small signal (pickups) and a gate will be 0-5v, a jack to substitute the manual footswitch can be added.

if your gate is 0 (close) and 5v open, it will (re)trigger the envelope when it goes from close to open and the decay will kick in when it changes from open to close, at certain settings with the guitar you get pseudo square wave since the vibrations of the strings retriggers the envelope. i thought of doing a slightly bigger one with separated audio trigger and gate trigger autodialer, since this version is more focused in using audio sources dynamics to trigger the envelope
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:35 pm

mysteryroach wrote:Any chance you know if the EXP-in can fit a GLS pancake plug (20.75mm/0.817inch width) side by side with the power plug plugged in right next to it? I'm doing a cable order atm, so wondering if I need a straight plug or one of the heavyduty right angles rather than pancakes. I assume pancakes won't work?

get these.
http://ebssweden.com/content2/pcf-dl-th ... -from-ebs/
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Copilot fx