· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
weird fx from the Dominican Republic <copilotfx.com>
Post a reply

Re: Kinkilin Modulated Delay

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm in for the preorder too. Great price and a ridiculously cool set of features. Plus, etch.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

The LFO waveforms sound identical to the ones on Ezhi&Aka pedals, and that's a good thing. :thumb:

Hoping for some more demos from the people who have ordered one :snax:

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks to all the people who preordered the kinkilin, it started shipping today and next batch will ship next Friday, extra little knob to increase/boost the volume of the delay path.

next time i see him, will try to grab a pic of him with a kinkilin
Attachments
ilf.jpg

Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 am

Looks fantastic dude!!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

This was the first Kinkilin preorder, a custom version with an extra momentary footswitch for feedback (dual feedback knobs) and expression output of the LFO with range and aux knobs to sync other devices.
Attachments
ilfkinkilinlfo.jpg

Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Did these start shipping yet?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:36 pm

yes they shipped a week ago (only a custom kinkilin is left), it should be early this week, since they were shipped from the dominican republic

Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 pm

Showed up Monday, but got a slip and had to go pick it up yesterday.

There's an issue with the input jack, where if the cable isn't plugged in just so, the signal cuts out. It does this randomly while in use, and pretty much any time its turned on/off...and the wave/rate knobs seemingly do nothing. Maybe I'm just deaf :idk:

Wed May 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Jero check your email

Sun May 07, 2017 9:39 pm

I got mine in and initial reviews are good.
For fans of: Ezhi and Aka, Death by Audio
The noise, feedback, and time controls interact in interesting ways. It can certainly get out of control if you let it. It can also be a totally normal delay if you let it.
The presence control is very useful.
The gain on the dry line sounds fantastic.
A knobs demo would sell a million of these things.

Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Custom Kinkilin, exp/cv inputs for delay time, feedback, noise, mix, lfo rate and lfo amount. A quick video of the options, with an lfo controlling the mix (the switches sync the dry and delay paths to the mix for the trem/fade effect or leave them always on) and the delay time and feedback are synced to the ehx sequencer
Attachments
ilfcustomkinkilin.jpg

Fri May 19, 2017 6:06 am

:omg:

Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 pm

The learning curve to this thing is steep. Getting used to the parallel signals and mixing them takes time, but it definitely is worth it. To free my mind to learn the pedal's controls a bit more I ran a loop from my CT5 through the Kinkilin and man it really shines at manipulating more dense mixes. I took a short video yesterday to share. :hobbes:

Tue May 30, 2017 6:55 am

The thing I found tricky to figure out is that there's more of a predelay with the modulation mixed high. And the noise doesn't come on with the dry signal but crashes in with the delay so longer delay times can be jarring.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:25 am

That sounded awesome PP
Post a reply