Planetoid II?

Moderator: autopilot

Planetoid II?

Postby Eivind August » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:29 am

You mentioned this a couple of months ago in the allmighty rang mød-thread. So, what are the plans? :snax:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Re: Planetoid II?

Postby autopilot » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:00 am

I'm doing the pcb layout for it, well for the small version (8 knobber). It will have a gain control, lo/hi carrier footswitch, lfo for the carrier freq and mix, the voicing will be now more sweeter which means more clangz/gonkz/bellzz/ballz
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 am

Yesssss, exactly what I wanted to hear! What size will it be?

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby autopilot » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:24 am

same size as the antenna2 4.7" x 3.7" (vertical). The only feature that i'm still working/debating is the carrier voice switch, so you can get square/triangle but the thing is the range from lo/hi, to make it to both sides, but you never know
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 am

Sounds perfect! About the carrier voice switch, you could save that for custom Planetoid/Robotum-combos with a blend knob for dat dual ringmod madness? Great ideas nevertheless, I see one of these in my future!

Oh, and you said "small version". So, what are the plans/ideas for the big one?

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby autopilot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:51 am

dual carriers and waveforms for the carrier, mostly is more weird, the 8 knobber will be 8 knobber but the config is more standard, the bigger is more for the ring mod freak that want more control/options/tweak
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:04 pm

etched the pcb tonight, so soon is now
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 am

:!!!:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 am

Also, where the hell is Lord Galvar?!

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:24 am

Nice!

Are you still going to have the filter on it? I thought the og planetoid had one of the best ring mod low pass filters (well, it was miles ahead of the ehx ones...can't remember the other ones with the filters).

How slow are you planning the lfo to go?

Anyway, good to hear and thanks to Eivind for the heads up.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby autopilot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:06 am

it has 8knobs, 2 footswitches, 2 toggles. the filter still there, a gain knob plus a lfo to modulate the carrier freq and the carrier itself (kinda like modulating the mix). lo/hi footswitch,wanted to test it today,but hurricane matthew took all the electricity in my area
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:09 am

plus some octafuzz action toggle
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby autopilot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:12 am

the layout
Attachments
20161004_111121.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:14 pm

a quick test, the only problem is that i want to add more knobs and switches. No lfo, the pseudo lfo is from the filter. It's a random chromatic loop
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx