Demo / Video by Autopilot :P

Moderator: autopilot

Demo / Video by Autopilot :P

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Im not as cool as you, but since all the awesome people of this forum are doing the demo/video thing, i'll try to join them and pretend i'm as cool as them.

This is a custom caracol i did for tristan, for more info on the specs check the custom topic

autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Demo / Video by Autopilot :P

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:50 pm

now the crickets oscillation :!!!: broadcast is used to modulate the cut knob

autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:51 pm

and the broadcast also modulating the cut knob but now with a instrument plugged in

autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:47 pm

I wanna see that new Cubic!

There's no way to upgrade an old one is there? Totally new circuit?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 pm

i will do the cubic. Circuit wise it cant be upgraded, since there's new stuff in the new version, the only way is re-casing the old one and adding the new guts
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes Adam, super awesome, I really dig it, didn't expect those tremolo oscillations and white noise wind effects! :joy: :omg: :!!!: :thumb:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:59 am

Amazing demos are amazing. :joy:

That first demo is just the custom Caracol and a guitar? :eek:

I can't even. :?:

And I have an OG Caracol.

Some of the textures from the blend and manipulation of the cut/oscillation are simply beyond what I would have imagined. I was going to tough it out with the OG, but I might need a custom like this moving forward.

:excellent:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:11 pm

yes, well is a looped guitar with delay. But the tweaking options are impressive even that the loop doesnt allow to showcase the dynamics and harmonics of the picking sensitivity. Credit to Tristan, due he had an OG caracol and contacted me with some suggestions, and based on his feedback the 6 knobber was born and more interaction this version, and is in the works a expanded version of that one (10 knobs and 3 footswitches). Even the current 6 knob version really pushes the tweaking options. But i think the oscillation option can be added to the OG caracol
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks for that-good to know adding osc to my Caracol could be an option. TBH, I already put the Caracol in a parallel mix loop much of the time (I have a mixer pedal that allows me to choose between series w/order flip-flop, and parallel) , so I wouldn't necessarily miss the mix on the new versions... but it's nice to have all that functionality in a small package b/c sometimes you just want to throw a few pedals on a nano-sized board, for occasions such as, "irrationally small stage at tonight's gig," or "jamming with such and such musician(s) for first time, let's not freak them out with pedalboard the size of Millennium Falcon, but eff 'em if they can't take the sonic tornado emanating from my oscillating mollusk."

Y'know? I know you do. :excellent:

PS I knew I liked the cut of that Tristan' s jib.
Last edited by Dandolin on Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:40 am

;) :D
Adam made it happen though, I just asked where he could take it and after quite a bit of tweaking and going back and forth this came out.

The expression control of the cut knob was a lucky shot, I knew it was going to be cool but I didn't know it would react to the oscillation in such a great way.

I must say the six knob is really awesome in itself too, it inspired all this, the sounds you can get in normal mode with the six controls and the dry added are really special, they almost remind me of exotic acoustic instruments like a special kind of flute or banjo or something depending on where you set the knobs.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:26 am

Not helping. :mad: :lol: :hug:

Searches for ears-in-fingers emoji.

Seriously. Devoting a page in GAS notebook to this jawn. Prioritized.

When does the 10 knob beastie drop? I gotta hear that.

Meantime I'ma see if I can "pedal-modular" something that sounds similar.

Ah. Why kid myself. :facepalm:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:38 am

:lol:
Sorry duder, Adam is on a roll lately!
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 am

the cut is the toggle on the OG caracol, that became a knob with wider range. The 10 knobber could be out anyday, i'm just missing one extra knob to assign, i already have 9 knobs and 3 footswitches (bypass, mode, and momentary oscillation), i guess late may-mid june
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Arrow with contact/touch point ( it enhances the noise), also with the wng at max it kinda work as a proximity sensor for the noise, really digging that and i'm sure more stuff with contact points will be developed.

autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu May 07, 2015 11:57 am

Contact points FTW!
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx