Trek PWM fuzz Tourbox

Moderator: autopilot

Re: Trek PWM fuzz Tourbox

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Here is a listen to the Trek with the LFO from a Moogerfooger Ring Mod.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:27 am

Stop making cool demos!!!!!!! I want to try these!!!!!! OMG! LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Caracol manual for the euroboyz, the trek manual and the gyro are on page 3 (near the end), will upload the mantis and terra manuals tonight.
Attachments
caracol.pdf
(173.4 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:28 am

I've some fun with the pedals for a couple of days but I haven't had a chance to record anything. Should I hold on to them for a couple extra days and get some video on Tuesday or ship them off sooner than that? I was planning to show how they work with the EHX 8-Step and comparing the Trek to the SS/BS Blarggotron PWM fuzz.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:36 am

recording/demo-ing is optional, so dont feel stressed about it, if you want to do it but can ship before tuesday its ok, otherwise it will be better to ship them off to keep on track with the schedule
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:37 am

and they're super fun with a step sequencer going on them, just remember to use a TRS cable
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:43 pm

Euro box still getting used as a footrest by customs agents.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:16 am

Good for you, communist Swedlandway.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:03 am

They did however have the time to charge me 20 euros for getting my Meet Maude back, despite the fact it was marked as a guarantee repair.

I love our customs agents...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Whoever's shipping it to me; if you have to write a value for the pedals, please make the total less than 200,- NOK or I'll have to pay 25% in taxes and silly money in customs fees.

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Well I've had my fun and the videos are uploading.
Bellyheart, it's coming your way.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Overall impressions:
Both of the pedals sound awesome and can do both mundane and super-weird things.
As for criticism: I sometimes wanted the width to go higher on the Trek. I would have liked a mix or blend knob on the Gyroscope. Top-mounted jacks are nice but somewhat undone by side-mounted power jacks.
That aside, I loved the pedals.
I don't know why PWM fuzz doesn't get more appreciation. It's such a great sound.
The Gyroscope makes for a very fun alternative to choruses, phasers, flangers, etc.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 pm

when you say "the width to go higher on the Trek" you meant the knob at min or at max (just to know the proper direction, because is a balance between on and off and the direction differs from the perspective) and see if i can do something.

Yes i feel you about the power jack, the main factor is space, in order to fit the 6 knobs and sometimes an extra toggle on top, and i havent find a small quality 2.1mm power jack, but i will see what can i do.

My battle with the pedals, is the amount of knobs, i really like to have lots of controls/options/knobs. The mix knob is one of the features that i want to add to expanded version of the gyroscope (and the option to sync it to the lfo)

There are plans of bigger versions with more knobs (bigger case) and continue to fine tune the designs to provide a good sonic experience, so your feedback is highly appreciated.

And yeah PWM rocks
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 pm

I mean with the width fully clockwise, I want it to go more. I wanted it bassier.
I could see how the thin trebly sound at the other end would have its uses, though.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:26 pm

yes, the trebbly gets very gated and doesnt produce sound (the 2 knobber version had like 15% of the sweep in direction of thin/trebbly that the higher strings were hard to produce sound) , but yeah i think it can get more ballsy, but looking at my notes the range was set to balance the full spectrum of the knob, so it provides a perceived full range with a linear source (since is linked to the cv and most expressions are linear) and the thinner sound so trashy in a beautiful punk way, but i will take in consideration your suggestion and see what can i do, thanks a lot. Probably adding an extra switch to add more range in the ballsy side
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Copilot fx