caracol 6 knobber

Moderator: autopilot

caracol 6 knobber

Postby autopilot » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:31 am

Caracol, new version, this is the current update/upgrade of the caracol, there are 6 knobs + toggle vs the 4knobs + toggle of the previous version, the toggle is now a 3 way switch to change the voice of the fuzz, the old toggle is now a knob so you can fine tune and adjust better the tone, another new knob is a dry knob so you can bring/mix the signal at the input. The power jack is now on top along the in/out jacks, and there are 2 jacks on the side, one is for external modulation to plug external sound sourcesto manipulate (like the previous version) and the one on the left is like a 7 knob (will accept exp and cv) to add some twist of destruction to the sound of the caracol.
Attachments
IMG_20140714_111154.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: caracol 6 knobber

Postby Tristan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Awesome Adam! :drool:
I'm very curious how it sounds with all those new options! :)
Are the four knobs of the previous Caracol still there?
It's a bit hard for me to make up the text on the pedal (the renewed graphic seems to be a bit busy / unclear maybe), on the first row in the middle I read "focus", and on the second row I read "vol", "dry" and "input", what does the rest say?
Man, I must say you're on a roll lately, the stuff you're bringing out is even more incredible than before. :thumb:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby autopilot » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm

knobs are intensity, focus, cut (this was the toggle on the previous version), vol, dry and input, i put a lot of pressure while screening, but i revised the artwork to make it more clear, this is very close with the one you have knob wise (some of the range have been reworked based on most of your inputs), the voicing can get into the version you have and also into the the 4knob version. Videos are coming (also for the mantis 6 knobber , orbit 6 knobber, etc), is just that since i lost a lot of data with a hard drive crash/suicide i had been rebuilding most of it, and my new neighbor likes to spent the whole day to yelling her childs so that isnt helping me when i got the time to record some videos
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 pm

I picked up one of these Caracol's new locally today. Awesome pedal! Mine is a little different than the update mentioned here. The six knobs are the same, but the switch is just a two way (seems like a bright/dark voicing). Really excited to get into it more soon. Anyway, it does a lot of things I wish I had when my setup was the ehx fa and boss MT-2 way back when! I like how I can go from riffing to noise hissing quickly which is something I have looked for a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby autopilot » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:25 am

yes, the 3 way was changed since the terra also had a similar 3 way voice, the caracol was changed to 2 way mode switch, one is fuzzier than the other, it was a suggestion from tristan in the everending caracol's journey. In case here's the manual http://www.copilotfx.com/caracol.pdf
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:24 pm

I still have my custom bigshot one, it's crazy, always new cool sounds to be found. :D
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Copilot fx