molecule inspired fx loop (Portal)

Moderator: autopilot

molecule inspired fx loop (Portal)

Postby autopilot » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok, after some discussion in the molecule tour topic, i think it's doable, it will pan between your signal and the fx loop for example if you have a delay in the loop, it will add and subtract the delay signal, sorta like ping pong clean tone then delay signal and repeat, the fx loop will be in parallel, because it will add more options, there will be a gain and vol for the normal signal, and volume for the fx loop (you'll be able to boost), why gain, because you could pan a fuzz on the loop with your clean signal or add some gain for some interesting twitst, i've been trying to implement an amount knob so you could select the panning or running the loop in parralel, so it could work as pseudo blender, also considering adding a pseudo random wave so the panning will be more interesting and add some odd textures. If nothing its on the fx loop it work like the molecule except there will no be filter, i'm hoping to fit everything in the normal case, i think in 2/3 weeks it will be rolling, what you think?
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: molecule inspired fx loop

Postby MSUsousaphone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:32 pm

That sounds pretty freaking rad. Hard to wrap my brain around....but cool as hell.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:33 pm

That sounds awesome! And I'm assuming when nothing is in the FX loop it would just function normally?
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 pm

with nothing in the loop:
- it will chop/stutter your signal when its on square, when its on pseudorandom, it will chop your signal in different amounts, like having a bad cable. The gain knob will let you have clean signal or distorted signal.
-it will work as a distortion or signal booster, for stacking, pushing.

with the loop jumped (patch cable)*(need to confirm this, that it wont turn the circuit into a feedback loop)
-it will mix/pan your signal, so if you have set the dist and have a clean tone before the pedal, it will pan between dirt and clean. if you have fuzz/dist in front it will pan between what you have in the input and normal or dist stack tone.
-it will work as blender so you can add some sort of clean or dist tone to an actual pedal.

with something on the loop:
-it will pan/mix what you have pre with burst of the loop.
-i'm considering of having an aux knob so you can set it as normal loop, so you can still use whats on the loop, without the pedal.
-it will work as a blender so you can add some of the loop to your signal.

there could be more stuff, but thats mainly what you will have
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 pm

Awesome sounding. I am into the random for sure. Also think it's a great idea for the aux. This is all so much win.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 pm

did the artwork today, just waiting to finnish the pcb, to label the knobs :!!!:
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 pm

So into this idea. So many awesome applications. Definitely keeping my eye on this one...
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: molecule inspired fx loop (Portal)

Postby autopilot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Here's a sneak, this will be available under another brand (kinda like a side project). That i need to get a domain, and create a website
Attachments
PORTAL.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Copilot fx