copilot fx transmission preview

Moderator: autopilot

copilot fx transmission preview

Postby autopilot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm

:snax: lofi sampler up to aprox 1.5 seconds, quality reduces the playback resolution (kinda bit crushed as you turn it up, until it goes to silence), there will be two footswitches one for bypass other for playback
Attachments
transmision.jpg
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: copilot fx transmission preview

Postby StudioShutIn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:21 pm

:love: is it possible to use it as a "long delay" pedal as well? (i.e. one that you can still interact with in real-time, rather than just playing back a loop..)
StudioShutIn

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 pm

SHIT!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:37 pm

uh, sounds great! I love those kind of effects.
now the cv guy again: is the loop window probably syncable via cv (to an LFO for example)?
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 pm

StudioShutIn wrote::love: is it possible to use it as a "long delay" pedal as well? (i.e. one that you can still interact with in real-time, rather than just playing back a loop..)

nope, it is for quick scratched cds stuttering madness
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh shit! That was my favorite feature on the Vox Looper. Some IDM music possibilities.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Toonster » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm

You keep putting out very inspirational pedals! Where do the ideas start.. In the toilet as with all great ideas?
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:52 pm

The ideas comes from a lot of places, music (the transmission came from palo alto and gotosleep- yay radiohead and pistola incubus), sometimes one idea morph into another and you forget about for some time, then it start taking form (caracol), sometimes talking with other people about sounds (android), while i start with one idea and it fails, but has something that wasnt totally as planned but has potential, and somehow one day you have the missing ideas. When i'm isnpired i cant stop walking, i go fro one point to another a million times or start making funny noises with my mouth, once my mom thought i was going crazy.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Nychthemeron » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Woah, this looks really cool. Can't wait to see how it all works!
Do you like listening to homemade music? Me too. Why don't you try one of mine?

Current ILF Love: OHNOHO CHK CHK BOOM, Mellowtone Melx Fuzz 2, EQD Dream Crusher, Devi Ever ID, Dr. Scientist Proto-Miniberator - new vids eventually

some mysteries are best unsolved
Nychthemeron

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm

I need stutters! I'm surprised there's no kind of lfo pitch effect thing. Just seems like something you'd do. Any price point guess?
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:26 am

Bellyheart wrote:I need stutters! I'm surprised there's no kind of lfo pitch effect thing. Just seems like something you'd do. Any price point guess?

Still working on a frw things, perhaps i´ll move a couple of months, since i still need to adjust a couple of things, and would like to make less lo-fi than it currently is.

Can you be more specific on the lfo pitch thing,sounds interesting but i cant match your description to sounds on my brain, perhaps it´s doable.
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Some kind of warble effect, using a sine wave to alter the pitch. I guess a vibrato effect.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Victory! :!!!:

Will it be possible to adjust the rate at which the sample playback time on the fly for that "somebody pulled the plug on the record player" effect? Either by standard resistance expression pedal or preferably CV? Please?

Edit: I guess my question is sort of a repeat of, or at best a corollary to, Univalve's earlier, quite pertinent post.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:21 pm

that's the plan, probably it will be ready for summer
-still need to increase the fidelity, right know it's pretty lofi (8bits), sounds very bitcrushy
-rework the sample playback, due when the playback it's activated and you increase the playback time knob it reads/plays some random stuff that was previously recorded, it will make it hard to use the cv/exp control this feature in a interesting inspirational way.
-Also want to be able to read/play backwards
-add a vca for maximum sonic pleasure, so you can reshape the playback, so it will could be use for hold chords, incrementing drones, and not only for stutter/scratched cd sounds

Probably it will be in a bigger case, but i'm still working on it, i will take a break from it, due i have some stuff giving final touches, and a fresh start it's always cool, because i can organize better the ideas and have less stress to push things
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Nice nice nice!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Copilot fx