· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals made by your ol' pal aen <dwarfcraftdevices.com>
Post a reply

Re: Happiness?

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Finished the CV amplifier this weekend! Voltage regulators are en route and they're the last part I need. I'm working out how to get power boards in the future, but hit me up if you're interested in turning 0-5V CV into -/+12V CV compatible w the Happiness/Twin Stags/ARF!!
Here's a pic of how mine turned out

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Yo! If Ben doesn't answer quickly, email me the info for BILF and I'll take care of it.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:28 am

Still so stoked on this pedal. I've just started going modular too soooooooo I may be doubling my pleasure.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Holy shit this thing is amazing!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:05 pm

ziltoid wrote:Holy shit this thing is omniscient!

ftfy

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah this pedal has been covering all my wub wub needs lately. The character of the filter does not dissapoint.

Been feeding it an envelope from my ARF, which works nicely, and visa versa sending the happiness lfo to the ARF at times. Good times.

Also had the best ever reverb packaging experience with this, after the seller felt bad about a slight shipping delay.

Your happiness has arrived
Last edited by ritz on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:03 am

ritz wrote:Yeah this pedal has been covering all my wub wub needs lately. The character of the filter does not dissapoint.

Been feeding it an envelope from my ARF, which works nicely, and visa versa sending the happiness lfo to the ARF at times. Good times.

Feeding some over the top fuzz in that happy blue box is just amazing. It also adds a super nice percussive element when the shape is all saw-tooth that is just drool worthy.

I need to start toying with the CV...

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Yeah using the A/D from the ARF w the Hap's filter is amazing. Also that packaging is beautiful!

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Got my Happiness today. What fun.

Had a basic Sequence going w the Microbrute...little delay...Happiness, then Hexe Revolver on random glitch mode with fade out...fuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Happiness self oscillation w glitchy Revolver........FFFUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN

As my brother said, "So rad...sounds like laser space birds"

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 pm

I assume since you didn't break anything you handled that intense self oscillation volume with professional grace and ease.
You are clearly a gracious and professional player.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 am

Been playing with my happiness all night (leaving that one wide open), quick question: do I need an iso power supply with it (I should get one anyway, so yeah)?
Or is the watery clicky/pulsing noise just left over frequency and I suck at turning knobs and dials on pedals (probably this, so yeah)?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am

The clock noise from the scramble circuit never quite dials out in my experience. It's kinda noisy. Isolated power will maybe reduce it, but it won't fix it.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:27 am

It needs 110 mA, so if you are powering it with a standard 100 it won't cut it. No love, no wub

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

baremountain wrote:The clock noise from the scramble circuit never quite dials out in my experience. It's kinda noisy. Isolated power will maybe reduce it, but it won't fix it.

Ah ok, thanks man.
I had it dialled in at a couple of points to where it wasnt an issue, but it was within the early ranges of the depth knob, which is a pity because cranking that is awesome.
ritz wrote:It needs 110 mA, so if you are powering it with a standard 100 it won't cut it. No love, no wub

Its got enough juice I wasn't sure if iso was the issue is all.
I do love the wub.

Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 pm

baremountain wrote:Finished the CV amplifier this weekend! Voltage regulators are en route and they're the last part I need. I'm working out how to get power boards in the future, but hit me up if you're interested in turning 0-5V CV into -/+12V CV compatible w the Happiness/Twin Stags/ARF!!
Here's a pic of how mine turned out

Expect a PM from me about this in coming months.
Im being realistic with my time line. I got a thing or two on the burner to take care of first.
But, I want to unlock the possibilities
Post a reply