Wizard of Pitch

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Re: Wizard of Pitch

Postby aens_wife » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 am

Love these both. Thanks for posting them!
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zeravla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:22 pm

So excited to get one of these. It sounds like everything I hoped the Arpanoid would be. Time to sell that thing for this.
zeravla

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:23 am

Just wanted to bump this and say I realllllly love this wizard. I am getting comfy finding mellow tones ala chase bliss but totally different. And then it can go real wild which is great for the at home hammers. I never thought it would make it not the little essentials only board but it did!
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aens_wife » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks man! We were so happy with how that pedal turned out. It is awesome to hear that other people like it as much as we do : )
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 pm

Are you fine folks planning on giving it a boost that's less noisy? I know Aen has a "background noise is possibilites" philosophy, but I'd like to take the pedal at least to unity volumes without it hissing so much. It's such a pretty sounding pedal and I feel like that philosophy just doesn't work that well with it. Maybe mine is just more noisy? It's from the initial Coast Sonic batch.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:56 am

Mine is totally noisey as well, from that same initial batch. I like the noise for most contexts, I see it adding a little flavor that I like, but I never really do the clean and pristine. Only real exception being when I play in the church band. Even then it wouldn't be a big deal except that the guy who normally plays electric guitar just plays little blues solos, so I'm trying to do my super wet signal thing without being too weird for the old folks. The mystery of that is the oldies never care, it's the young guys that are music snobs and just like Mumford and sons.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby aens_wife » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:12 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Are you fine folks planning on giving it a boost that's less noisy? I know Aen has a "background noise is possibilites" philosophy, but I'd like to take the pedal at least to unity volumes without it hissing so much. It's such a pretty sounding pedal and I feel like that philosophy just doesn't work that well with it. Maybe mine is just more noisy? It's from the initial Coast Sonic batch.

It isn't the boost that is causing the hissing noise in this circuit. It has to do with the chip that we use and how it interacts with the rest of the circuit. It isn't that we love the background noise here, or think it adds tremendously to the sound, but it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately, without changing the fundamentals of the pedal.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pedals Fusion » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 am

Here's our video for the Wizard...I personally don't give a F#%@ for "underground" or any kind of noise...pedal is awesome ! End of story. :!!!:

...I really don't know why I can't post my YT link right (I tried everything) sorry about that !
Last edited by Pedals Fusion on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedalsfusion.com

We’re always interested in partnering with manufacturers, retailers, musicians & people with good ideas.
If you have any questions or proposals, please contact us.
Thanks!

pedals.fusion@gmail.com
Pedals Fusion

interested
interested

Postby aens_wife » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:19 am

YUSSSS! Sorry we haven't gotten this demo up yet! We have been super busy lately...

You have to remove the s from https at the beginning of the URL.

aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pedals Fusion » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 am

Thanks Louise !

I love when the Dwarfcraft's crew is BUSY... that means "more cool pedals" :!!!:
pedalsfusion.com

We’re always interested in partnering with manufacturers, retailers, musicians & people with good ideas.
If you have any questions or proposals, please contact us.
Thanks!

pedals.fusion@gmail.com
Pedals Fusion

interested
interested

Postby aens_wife » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Pedals Fusion wrote:Thanks Louise !

I love when the Dwarfcraft's crew is BUSY... that means "more cool pedals" :!!!:

Oh, we have you covered with new pedals. We are also working on moving to a new space and catching up on xmas orders. I love being busy, but this is getting ridiculous. lol. :animal:
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:25 pm

I found a combination I really like using my Wizard with a Gristleizer and a Headrush.

oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Having spent a month with the wizard now, still totally love it. Such a cool pedal! Stuck the awesome wizard graphic sticker on my guitar too.

Weird thing I found today though, I reshuffled my board a bit and when I had a dirt pedal engaged after the wizard it dropped the volume to nearly nothing. Any idea what's going on there?
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aens_wife » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Sigh. The Wizard is super fucking fussy about placement. We are still working on narrowing down exactly what makes it go quiet, but it seems to be an impedance issue. Once we get it fixed on our end, we will likely do something like we did for the Pitchgrinder and get early buyers fixed up.

Feel free to email us if you have additional questions!
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Ah ok, I figured it was one of those things, I just wanted to check it was normal function.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices