Memento Video on PAGE 5!

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Re: Memento: King of the Killswitch

Postby HorsSujet » Thu May 29, 2014 4:21 am

Maybe a stupid question, but is that 100% wet? Or did they add a little bit of dry themselves on the recording?
Congrats again by the way :) Reviews start to appear, the pedal will be there soon I guess !
HorsSujet

committed
committed

Postby aen » Thu May 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Depending on what your slamming into it, you can get a little bit of bleed from your dry. when I was demoing it at NAMM the Internet overdrive bled through a bit, but something much higher gain, such as the She Fuzz did not.... WEIRD.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Doctor X » Fri May 30, 2014 11:33 am

this pedal is a really neat little idea!

a couple of questions - the guitarmoderne article says it remembers up to 8 ''kills'', presumably within a certain timeframe, ie not remembering them from a minute ago etc?
so how does it loop them? how does it know where to start and stop the looping sequence? is it measuring non-kill space after the last kill until you hit the recall?

would be nice to see a demo over a beat to see how easy it is to get the 'loop' in sync

ok, that was all 1 question really, the other is about the 'clicks', you are very possibly correct that it is better with them, but if it were possible then i think it would be nice to have the option of a switch between click and no-click with the gentler slope.
so you can switch between the more lo-fi glitch feel, and a cleaner one that isnt adding anything extra to the sound, just taking away
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Fri May 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Doctor X wrote:this pedal is a really neat little idea!

a couple of questions - the guitarmoderne article says it remembers up to 8 ''kills'', presumably within a certain timeframe, ie not remembering them from a minute ago etc?
so how does it loop them? how does it know where to start and stop the looping sequence? is it measuring non-kill space after the last kill until you hit the recall?

would be nice to see a demo over a beat to see how easy it is to get the 'loop' in sync

ok, that was all 1 question really, the other is about the 'clicks', you are very possibly correct that it is better with them, but if it were possible then i think it would be nice to have the option of a switch between click and no-click with the gentler slope.
so you can switch between the more lo-fi glitch feel, and a cleaner one that isnt adding anything extra to the sound, just taking away

All of the above!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:50 pm

UGH! Aen this sounds soooooooooooooo good dude! Love you.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Aaaaannnnnnnd they are in production. Aen is building them as we speak!
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 pm

They looks pretty awesome!
From the Dwarfcraft FB page:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby nightterrors » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:17 pm

SIQ
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 pm

FINALLY got the first batch built and programmed, and boxed and everything. We might be shipping these before I even get to the demo, UGH. So much video to shoot!!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Doctor X wrote:a couple of questions - the guitarmoderne article says it remembers up to 8 ''kills'', presumably within a certain timeframe, ie not remembering them from a minute ago etc?

Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby aen » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:52 am

goroth wrote:Only thing I'm wondering is how accurate you can sync this thing live. I'm thinking my drummer my want to punch me in the face for using it.

But I don't really care. Rad pedal is rad.

Shouldn't be tough at all with a real drummer.

Doctor X wrote:a couple of questions - the guitarmoderne article says it remembers up to 8 ''kills'', presumably within a certain timeframe, ie not remembering them from a minute ago etc?

The buffer is reset every time you start a new pattern, so you tap one in, hit the "rekill" and it loops. You turn off the rekill and the next tap of the kil switch begins a new pattern. And It'll hold more than 8, for sure. Kind of a lot.

Doctor X wrote:so how does it loop them? how does it know where to start and stop the looping sequence?

The loop starts with your first kill, and stops when you hit the rekill.

Doctor X wrote:is it measuring non-kill space after the last kill until you hit the recall?

Yep!

Doctor X wrote:would be nice to see a demo over a beat to see how easy it is to get the 'loop' in sync

It just depends on your foot rhythm. Or hands, or however you hit those switches.

Doctor X wrote:ok, that was all 1 question really, the other is about the 'clicks', you are very possibly correct that it is better with them, but if it were possible then i think it would be nice to have the option of a switch between click and no-click with the gentler slope.

Probably not in this package/price point.

Shooting demo today, barring any disasters.
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 pm

aen wrote:
goroth wrote:Only thing I'm wondering is how accurate you can sync this thing live. I'm thinking my drummer my want to punch me in the face for using it.

But I don't really care. Rad pedal is rad.

Shouldn't be tough at all with a real drummer.

The buffer is reset every time you start a new pattern, so you tap one in, hit the "rekill" and it loops. You turn off the rekill and the next tap of the kil switch begins a new pattern. And It'll hold more than 8, for sure. Kind of a lot.

Doctor X wrote:so how does it loop them? how does it know where to start and stop the looping sequence?

The loop starts with your first kill, and stops when you hit the rekill.

Doctor X wrote:is it measuring non-kill space after the last kill until you hit the recall?

Yep!

Doctor X wrote:would be nice to see a demo over a beat to see how easy it is to get the 'loop' in sync

It just depends on your foot rhythm. Or hands, or however you hit those switches.

Doctor X wrote:ok, that was all 1 question really, the other is about the 'clicks', you are very possibly correct that it is better with them, but if it were possible then i think it would be nice to have the option of a switch between click and no-click with the gentler slope.

Probably not in this package/price point.

Shooting demo today, barring any disasters.

Awesome info + woooo demo!! Can't wait to hear an Aen demo of this!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby aen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

IT IS DONE!
Chankgeez wrote:
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Memento Video on PAGE 5!

Postby Joe Gress » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Goddammit, spit out my coffee all over my keyboard at "OH NO IT'S NOT ANALOGUE, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

But this thing is seriously cool. I can see a few uses for it already in songs that I'm doing.
awesome signature with witty quotes from all you fuckers :)
Joe Gress

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Memento Video on PAGE 5!

Postby kbit » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 pm

I like the way it sounds quadrupled. Things like the slicer can sound kinda weird when they get sped up, but im guessing the imprecise nature of the tempo is what makes it sound cooler to me. "More natural" is a dumb description but fits my explination.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices