· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
pedals made by your ol' pal aen <dwarfcraftdevices.com>
Post a reply

Re: Baby Thundaa Question

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:59 pm

AEN I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT THE BABY THUNDAA BUT DON'T WANT TO MAKE A NEW THREAD.

Is the Baby Thundaa based off the ECT with the timewarp switch up or down?

Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Bassboar wrote:A Dark Boost with the gain cranked up makes the Thundaa a raging fiery beast. With the feedback backed up a little bit and the gain cranked, absolutely delish.

:thumb: yeah this is a GREAT combination

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:52 am

The timewarp switch is OFF on a baby thundaa.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 pm

aens_wife wrote:The timewarp switch is OFF on a baby thundaa.

Does that mean the switch is down?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

yup, down.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Thank you :)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am

Quick question about the Baby Thundaa. This is my third and is the absolute loudest. Sounds like a good thing, but it really isn't. It's so loud, that I can't barely switch it on without want to tear my hair out. Is there a way to add something to dime down the volume? Something simple I could do?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am

jwar wrote:Quick question about the Baby Thundaa. This is my third and is the absolute loudest. Sounds like a good thing, but it really isn't. It's so loud, that I can't barely switch it on without want to tear my hair out. Is there a way to add something to dime down the volume? Something simple I could do?

100kA pot??? :idk: either on the front end or the back end...back end would be best IMO.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:06 pm

hm. I wonder if there's a B100k in there? I can swap it out, if you want.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:40 pm

I just got one and i have a question:

What kind of power supply doesn't make it whine? I tried a couple of otherwise reliable wall warts and they produce varying degrees of eeeeeeee or EEEEEEE. I plugged it in with an external battery power plug and it was silent. Halp Mi.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Anyjuan?

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:38 pm

Have you tried an isolated power supply? What else is in your signal chain? Maybe isolate the BT and try your wall warts and see if it is noisy.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 pm

codetocontra wrote:Have you tried an isolated power supply? What else is in your signal chain? Maybe isolate the BT and try your wall warts and see if it is noisy.

This was just guitar/pedal/amp, using PSUs that have never given me a problem before.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Same outlet? I dunno, beyond my help level now. If it was one PSU then I would guess it was maybe going bad, but doubtful 2 are going bad at the same time. Was hoping you were daisy chaining some digital pedal with it, seems to be a common culprit.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:48 pm

We use a basic 1Spot for all Thunder variants. I have had major issues with several popular bricks, but never with a 1Spot. The Boss supplies (and all similar) are shitty.

What brand are you using? It is almost certainly a power supply issue, but I suppose it could also be a loose ground connection...

Also, if you haven't used that power supply with a high gain pedal before, it won' matter if you've never had problems with other pedals. High gain stuff will cause problems with supplies that are perfect with everything else. Just the nature of the beast...
Post a reply