Eau Claire Thunder question...

Moderators: aens_wife, aen

Eau Claire Thunder question...

Postby nieh » Sun May 29, 2016 1:43 am

so I just bought an Eau Claire Thunder today, which I absolutely love, but whenever I engage the toneblast theres a very high pitched ringing sound. the only way I can get it to go away is by turning the trim all the way clockwise, but then the sound is very gated and not useable. I'm using a isolated power supply, and I tried it with multiple guitars and amps, and it still does it. is this normal?
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Eau Claire Thunder question...

Postby aens_wife » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Hm. That isn't normal but it is most likely a set up thing. The ECT is really high gain, and it sounds like feedback from your description. What kind of pickups have you tried it with? If you are using hot pickups, you might not be able to get that FB to stop. The trim knob is there to limit the input from hot pickups...

I would also try another power supply, since it is really sensitive to power issues. If it still does it with a different power supply, email us and we will try to figure it out.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Eau Claire Thunder question...

Postby nieh » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:05 am

aens_wife wrote:Hm. That isn't normal but it is most likely a set up thing. The ECT is really high gain, and it sounds like feedback from your description. What kind of pickups have you tried it with? If you are using hot pickups, you might not be able to get that FB to stop. The trim knob is there to limit the input from hot pickups...

I would also try another power supply, since it is really sensitive to power issues. If it still does it with a different power supply, email us and we will try to figure it out.

tried it with a jaguar with stock pickups, and a mustang with a jb jr.

I'll try a different power supply.
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices